Beyond the Edge Blog
- A Backcountry Recovery: Camping in the Lower 48’s Most Remote Place (3/5)
- Yosemite Climber Tommy Caldwell Speaks on Risk, Reward, and Life After the Dawn Wall
- A Backcountry Recovery: On Horseback Through Yellowstone (2/5)
- A Backcountry Recovery: Wilderness, Wild Horses, Warriors (1/5)
- Climber Daniel Woods Trades Comfort for Fear in “Highball” Bouldering
100 Best American Adventures
Find Us on Facebook
Top Adventure Travel Features
Over the last decade, author Peter Potterfield has hiked more than 10,000 miles on six continents to research this list. We present the world's 15 best hikes, including Patagonia, Newfoundland, Petra, and more.
We've found the world's 25 classic ski towns and tapped local legends to tell us where to eat, sleep, party, and carve—both on a budget and like a king!
A great surf town is the nearly magical sum of consistent waves, inviting accommodations, friendly locals, fun nightlife, delicious food, and plenty of activities should the ocean go flat.
These ten mountain bike hamlets around the country offer bucket-list rides, new trail development, a variety of outdoor recreation, and a fun, bike-friendly vibe—with excellent coffee and IPA.
Top National Geographic Adventures Trips
A coast-to-coast bicycle ride is just one of our favorite 10 classic adventures.