Beyond the Edge Blog
- Paddle to DC: Visiting Basswood Lake’s Ancient Cedar
- New Film Valley Uprising Depicts a Colorful Slice of Yosemite Climbing History
- Adventurer Shannon Galpin’s Memoir Explores Women’s Rights and Bikes in Afghanistan
- Montana by Dirt: Hiking Into the Wild in Glacier National Park
- Paddle to DC: A 2,000-Mile Journey by Water to Celebrate and Protect the Boundary Waters
100 Best American Adventures
Find Us on Facebook
Top Adventure Travel Features
We've found the world's 25 classic ski towns and tapped local legends to tell us where to eat, sleep, party, and carve—both on a budget and like a king!
A great surf town is the nearly magical sum of consistent waves, inviting accommodations, friendly locals, fun nightlife, delicious food, and plenty of activities should the ocean go flat.
Over the last decade, author Peter Potterfield has hiked more than 10,000 miles on six continents to research this list. We present the world's 15 best hikes, including Patagonia, Newfoundland, Petra, and more.
We've built the ultimate, state-by-state guide to top outdoor hubs across the country, with wallpaper, puzzles, and more.