Beyond the Edge Blog
- Rios Libres Video #3 – Alternatives to Damming Patagonia’s Wildest Rivers
- Climbing Denali: In the Footsteps of His Legendary Dads, Max Lowe Breaks His Own Trail – Gear List
- Explorers Honored at National Geographic’s 125th Anniversary Gala
- MoveShake Video #2: Alison Gannett, Extreme Skier and Climate-Change Warrior
- Six Young Explorers Embark on 900-Mile Canoe Expedition to the Arctic – Gear Packing List
100 Best American Adventures
Find Us on Facebook
Top Adventure Travel Features
We've found the world's 25 classic ski towns and tapped local legends to tell us where to eat, sleep, party, and carve—both on a budget and like a king!
A great surf town is the nearly magical sum of consistent waves, inviting accommodations, friendly locals, fun nightlife, delicious food, and plenty of activities should the ocean go flat.
Over the last decade, author Peter Potterfield has hiked more than 10,000 miles on six continents to research this list. We present the world's 15 best hikes, including Patagonia, Newfoundland, Petra, and more.
We've built the ultimate, state-by-state guide to top outdoor hubs across the country, with wallpaper, puzzles, and more.