Beyond the Edge Blog
- Exploring the Cold Coast: Surfing Tofino – Dispatch #7
- Telluride Mountainfilm Ignites This Weekend: Preview of World-Class Films, Guests, Events
- Aid Worker in Nepal: “Now Is the Calm Before the Storm”
- Four Mountainfilm Filmmakers Share How They Found Their Stories
- Pioneering Climber Dean Potter Killed in Wingsuit BASE Jumping Accident
100 Best American Adventures
Find Us on Facebook
Top Adventure Travel Features
We've found the world's 25 classic ski towns and tapped local legends to tell us where to eat, sleep, party, and carve—both on a budget and like a king!
A great surf town is the nearly magical sum of consistent waves, inviting accommodations, friendly locals, fun nightlife, delicious food, and plenty of activities should the ocean go flat.
Over the last decade, author Peter Potterfield has hiked more than 10,000 miles on six continents to research this list. We present the world's 15 best hikes, including Patagonia, Newfoundland, Petra, and more.
We've built the ultimate, state-by-state guide to top outdoor hubs across the country, with wallpaper, puzzles, and more.