Beyond the Edge Blog
- Biking the Slow Road from China to Laos – Part 5/5
- Biking Along a Soon-to-Be-Dammed River in Laos – Part 4/5
- A Surfer’s Reflections From on a Decade at Sea
- Ultrarunner Scott Jurek on Carbo-Loading, His Favorite Races, and Pushing Through Adversity
- Pedaling Along Power Lines in Northern Laos – Part 3/5
100 Best American Adventures
Find Us on Facebook
Top Adventure Travel Features
Over the last decade, author Peter Potterfield has hiked more than 10,000 miles on six continents to research this list. We present the world's 15 best hikes, including Patagonia, Newfoundland, Petra, and more.
We've found the world's 25 classic ski towns and tapped local legends to tell us where to eat, sleep, party, and carve—both on a budget and like a king!
A great surf town is the nearly magical sum of consistent waves, inviting accommodations, friendly locals, fun nightlife, delicious food, and plenty of activities should the ocean go flat.
These ten mountain bike hamlets around the country offer bucket-list rides, new trail development, a variety of outdoor recreation, and a fun, bike-friendly vibe—with excellent coffee and IPA.