Comments
Don't miss Steve Horn Mountain Gallery just 7 miles North of Driggs on the Grand Teton Scenic Loop in Tetonia. Largest store in Teton Valley and one of the most unique in the world - local art, western, native american and eclectic, antiques, jewelry, rugs,gifts, health and organic items, books, etc. 99% handmade in USA. Also has reflexology foot spa and massage - for the weary traveler or any one.
Posted by: Nora
12/11/2009 03:18 PM

Tony's is great and easy to find. O'Rourke's too. But many really good places to eat are not that easy to spot if you don't ask when you get here. There's good eatin' in places that look like a gas station or a sporting goods store or a shack or someone's home or a bus or even an airport. You just have to strike up a conversation with a local. Start off by talking about the weather and you're in like Flint.
Posted by: Bruce the Scoutmaster (again)
28/10/2009 04:43 PM

Tony's Pizza on Main Street is the bomb! Great Italian food, not just pizza, friendly staff, warm welcoming atmosphere, and it's open on Sunday and past 9 at night!
Posted by: Cathy Mason
27/10/2009 02:17 PM

My family and I moved here 4 years ago from back east suburbia and have never looked back. It was the best move we ever made! Every day is an adventure in the most beautiful setting a nature lover could ever imagine. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to be here and articles like this one in National Geographic remind us that the whole world isn't this great.

As for the best places for visitors, my advice is to come here and ask. People are super friendly and readily point them out.
Posted by: Bruce Mason, a local Scoutmaster
27/10/2009 12:31 PM

Hiking, biking, skiing, camping all within a few miles. My husband and I traveled across the country looking for the perfect place to live and stopped here three years ago. It is an absolutely beautiful valley.
Posted by: Dee
23/10/2009 12:14 PM

For dollar's value, yet right on Ski Hill road with a nice cozy atmosphere. The Teton Valley Cabins is my pick. They allow pets!
Posted by: Shauna Crandall
21/10/2009 03:13 PM

Don't forget to stop at Corner Drug in historic downtown and get an old fashioned milkshake at the soda fountain. We also sell hunting and fishing licenses and supplies.
Posted by: Corner Drug
15/10/2009 10:04 AM

Posted by: Corner Drug
15/10/2009 10:03 AM

National Parks: BrushBuck Guide Services offers wildlife tours in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks with pickups in Driggs, Idaho!
Posted by: Amber
14/10/2009 02:50 PM

Oxbow Property Management LLC offers Vacation Rentals (some with hot tubs) in Victor, and Driggs Idaho...just a hop to Jackson Wyoming....Luxury, Affordability, Friendly Customer service from lifelong residents of this beautiful Valley! See them on the web @ www.oxbowpropertymanagement.com or give us a call @ 208.787.2871. You'll be glad you did!
Posted by: Janine Jolley
14/10/2009 12:39 PM

Dotted with great little mom and pop shops (and proudly not one big box store) and surrounded by mountains that frame some of the most glorious sunrises and sunsets where passers-thru are forced to pull over and take a quick photo before the moment passes. A great place to load up on gear and goods and disappear into the mountains for a while!
Posted by: Kelly
14/10/2009 12:26 PM

I live here and my favorite things to do are mountain bike in the Big Hole Mtns., catch giant cutthroat trout on the Teton River and finish it all up with a world famous Huckleberry milkshake at the Victor Emporium!
Posted by: Kim
14/10/2009 12:19 PM

I dragged my wife here 32 years ago, she was kicking and screaming the whole way. She says that if I tried to move her out of here now, it would be the kicking and screaming thing all over again.
Posted by: THunter
14/10/2009 11:16 AM

Eating, Warbirds Restaurant at the Driggs Reed Memorial Airport is great. See the operational planes in the museum. Oh did I mention that the airport is the best little airport around!
Posted by: Louis B. Christensen
11/10/2009 06:33 PM

Outdoor adventures, big and small, are always at our fingertip, or toe-tip, in driggs
Posted by: Jeanne Miyoshi Rogers
11/10/2009 12:30 PM

We spent the night at the Teton hot Air Balloon Festival in Driggs about 21 years ago. We lived in Idaho Falls at the time and went up to Driggs to camp in a circla on the field where they launch. It was amazing! We woke up at dawn to the sound of balloons being filled and were able to walk around and watch them all launch. there was a craft and Native American fair there too at the time. if I remember correctly. Jackson Hole on the other hand was a tourist trap.
Posted by: Joya
10/10/2009 09:29 AM

I love the Teton Valley Cabins or the Linn Ranch for places to stay. Forage is my favorite place to eat for dinner, and I can't live without the Milk Creek Grille weekend breakfasts.
Posted by: darcy Lagana