Comments
I take the greatest pleasure and pride in voting for and supporting this great individual and his quest to succeed.His heart and courage are beyond belief.
Posted by: William Overdorf
13/01/2010 04:30 PM

Marc Hoffmeister gets my vote!
Posted by: LaDonna Wind
13/01/2010 04:05 PM

Great accomplishment. I vote for Marc and Gayle Hoffmeister.
Posted by: June Peterson
13/01/2010 03:18 PM

A veteran, an adventurer and great American - two thumbs up for Marc and his team!
Posted by: Tempie Thompson
11/12/2009 03:24 PM

My vote is with Marc Hoffmeister. With 2 Purple Hearts from VN, I can understand his challenge for himself. God love him. Carl Roy
Posted by: Carl Roy
27/11/2009 08:26 PM

my vote is for LTC Marc Hoffmeister.
Posted by: jack palmer
27/11/2009 02:48 PM

What a fine example of the people who make up our military and such an inspiration. God Bless you.
Posted by: Sandy Denny
25/11/2009 05:08 PM

Vote is undeniably for Marc Hoffmeister
Posted by: Michelle Flaugh
25/11/2009 04:57 PM

Being an AD Air Force nurse I know the heart and spirit of our wounded warriors. There is no more determination and preservance than that of our American Servicemembers! These guys get my vote!
Posted by: Elis M. Salamone, Major, USAF, NC
25/11/2009 04:39 PM

Marc Hoffmeister is an American hero.I admire him
and the service to our country. So sorry for the pain and suffering he endured for me and all of America for freedom's sake Proud of Gayle ,his awesome and coureageous wife who helped him rally
and lift his spirits.God bless you both ,you are
true American heroes and someone for our youth to look up to!
Posted by: Deanna Trout
25/11/2009 03:42 PM

Such an amazing story and a reminder to us all of the strength and fortitude of the human spirit
Posted by: lynn coffey-edelman
25/11/2009 03:28 PM

My vote is for Marc Hoffmeister. May God bless you!!
Posted by: Patti
25/11/2009 12:54 PM

What a great story. I could read this time and time again. It reminds me what true sacrifice is as well as ability of the human spirit to overcome significant adversity.
Posted by: Rod Staponski
25/11/2009 11:44 AM

A very inspirational story. Congratulations to Marc Hoffmeister and everyone else involved in the climb. God bless our men and women in the Armed Forces.
Posted by: Don Lee
24/11/2009 06:35 PM

Marc Hoffmeister, Veteran - Awesome bro - Ex Army here as well from Eagle River, AK HOOAH!
Posted by: J.I.
24/11/2009 11:22 AM

They get my vote!!
Posted by: Nathalie Carmean
23/11/2009 05:17 AM

There is no way to describe the determination of those involved, and the joy of successfully fulfilling it. Let us also not forget those guides who led, and helped them to get there. Those guides deserve many thanks, and praise. also.
Posted by: Ed Miller
22/11/2009 08:46 PM

This story depicts fortitude and bravery in the most adverse situations. This is what makes Olympic Champions. This is what heros are made of. I'm honored to vote 10.
Posted by: Barbara Schockaert
20/11/2009 03:24 PM

A fabulous story of courage and committment
Posted by: Elaine Voss
20/11/2009 11:24 AM

Marc Hoffmeister is a Great American. God's richest blessings be on him and Gayle. Thanks from an old vet for your great service to our country, Marc.
Posted by: Winston P. Fox
20/11/2009 10:31 AM

Courgeous story, amazing accomplishment, you get my vote, you deserve Adventurer of the Year.
Posted by: Barbara Burton
20/11/2009 02:07 AM

Marc set an inspiring example of how to take his personal difficulties and make them a positive change for himself and others. He definitely deserves a 10!! Thank you Marc for continuing to serve ~ you are doing a fantastic job!
The Kazmier Family
Posted by: Michele Kazmier
19/11/2009 12:58 PM

These individuals are courageous and they get my vote! Thank you for your sevice and dedication to our country!!!
Posted by: Bonnie
19/11/2009 11:31 AM

Always a 10 - amazing adventurer, inspiration to others, and a gentleman
19/11/2009 01:28 AM

I am feel very privilaged to have served with this Great American Soldier. Even though it's been over a decade since I was one of his soldiers, he still has a positive influence on my life and my family. He IS a LEADER and LEADS by example. There is no number or words that can express my appreciation for all he has done for me, the Army, and the United States and our Freedom.
Posted by: Mike Todryk
19/11/2009 01:06 AM

Marc and his team achieved an amazing accomplishment. I want to thank him for the inspiration he gives me and every other wounded warrior out there -- NEVER GIVE UP!

Posted by: John Bircher
18/11/2009 01:56 PM

Amazing story! Marc definately deserves Adventurer of the Year for this amazing feat. I vote a 10! And thanks to him and all our troops for their service - we are very proud of them all!
Posted by: Ann Wilson
18/11/2009 01:30 AM

Way to recover from our worst day in country. Essayons sir! - W77
Posted by: Jeffrey Alberts
17/11/2009 05:39 PM

Great story of a very courageous group of veterans.
Marc should be chosen for the Adventure of the Year.
Posted by: Edward V. Gliot
17/11/2009 01:03 PM

Great story of a very courageous group of veterans.
Marc should be chosen for the Adventure of the Year.
Posted by: Edward V. Gliot
17/11/2009 01:02 PM

Great story of a very courageous group of veterans.
Posted by: Edward V. Gliot
17/11/2009 01:00 PM

I definitely vote for Marc Hoffmeister who is a number 10. I want to take this time to thank Marc for keeping us safe in the USA. God bless you.
Posted by: Glenda Rondeau
16/11/2009 09:06 PM

What an amazing group. I vote for Mark Hoffmeister as Adventurer of the Year. He definitely rates a 10! It just shows how amazing our troops are.
Posted by: Fran Licausi
16/11/2009 01:04 PM

I vote for Mark Hoffmeister as Adventuere of the Year.He rates a 10!
Posted by: Irene Shatz
15/11/2009 01:09 AM

Your accomplishment brought me close to tears. I'm in awe of all of you!
Posted by: Tracy Coffey
14/11/2009 12:55 PM

Mark, you are a real hero. Those of us in the DOCA group that had the honor and pleasure of having you as our support officer congratulate you. Your story is truly an inspiration. Best regards!
Posted by: David Lawrence, Western Springs, IL
13/11/2009 05:49 PM

Lt. Col. Hoffmeister's adventure began long before he climbed Denali and continues with his service to the US in combat zones. He is a hero and an adventurer. His bravery and courage is shown as a civilian and as a soldier.
Posted by: Sandra Castell
13/11/2009 05:01 PM

Glad his wife was not put at risk to accomplish the goal. Brave group of guys to take on those elements
13/11/2009 04:35 PM

Absolutely a marvelous task by the whole team. The profound strength and courage exemplied by Mark and all.Congratulations to all of Operation Denali.
Posted by: Larry Brown
13/11/2009 03:08 PM

A true hero Mr. Hoffmeiste you are better then a 10 you are a 11
Posted by: Michele Spodnik Connors
13/11/2009 01:14 PM

Congratulations Mark and the Operation Denali Team!
-from your friends at Bridgedale
Posted by: Boo Turner
13/11/2009 12:02 PM

A combat veteran, a true die-hard man of adventure, and an inspiration to us all. Marc Hoffmeister should be considered a hero. A hero not only for his service to country, but for his efforts and determination to recover and represent wounded warriors his fellow veterans in general.
Posted by: Laddie Shaw
13/11/2009 11:57 AM

Congratulaions to the team of Operation Denali! I had the pleasure of climbing with Alaska Mountaineering School and Matt Montavon in May, 2009 and I can say from first hand experience that they provide simply the best equipment, support and guides for these expeditions. Operation Denali has my vote for Adventurers of the Year!
Posted by: Ti Conkle
13/11/2009 11:55 AM

Congratulations to the entire team. To have this honor announced the week of Veterans Day is appropriate. Good luck on your next climb, thank you for your service, and may this be an example for others to follow. God Bless.
JB
Father of a Soldier
Posted by: JB
13/11/2009 11:42 AM

Yesterday Hoffmeister was also presented this year's Governor's Veterans Advocacy award during a ceremony in Southcentral Alaska.
Posted by: Matt Hage