Comments
I had been looking for a motivational tool for a member of staff that had been bullied so badly she lost confidence in herself so I needed something to get her back on track as I knew she has the capabilities, this article gave the tools she needed
Posted by: Kay Wierba
07/09/2009 07:23 AM

This is valuable advice! As a Cancer Survivor and current fighter of a second Cancer These tools are adaptable to all areas of human endeavor. Thank You!
Posted by: Ann Berkery
13/08/2009 06:56 PM

This is a great article. Good examples.
Most of these are already explained in "Bhagwat Gita".
Posted by: Madhuchhanda
07/08/2009 06:17 PM

WOW!! Good article! Very good ideas that I am going to put into practice!
Posted by: AB
31/07/2009 05:09 PM

There is some fantastic advice here. Resilience is a terrific quality as well. I suspect many who love the outdoors and sport do so because of the challenges involve. These challenges can teach you all sorts of things from wisdom to a deep sense of humility and humanity.
Posted by: ferg
19/07/2009 05:04 AM

Wow! this is a good article,actually it ookm eby suprise when it was talking baout denial,great insight thanks a lot author.
Posted by: Hitesh
19/06/2009 03:20 AM

It is interesting what you can learn from a surviver guide. Where can I find a good guide!
Posted by: Daniel
23/11/2008 07:20 PM

I have been working with Outward Bound for quite some time and this article espouses the very precepts we use in formulating a course. I have passed it on as a must read. Good Job
Posted by: Franda Hayes
12/10/2008 08:44 PM

thats it, guy
Posted by: Wiptrhigrasia
05/10/2008 07:09 PM

One time, I was "road raged" on the way to work at an armored car company in Portland, Oregon. The other driver was furious when I cut him off in a last minute lane change before a tunnel. He turned on his high beams, honked his horn for the entire tunnel length, and then tried to run me off of highway 405 by repeatedly moving into my lane, laterally. I had a loaded .357 Magnum and had resolved if he made impact (collision), I would have to shoot him. Luckily he exited the road first.
Posted by: H. Craig Bradley
10/09/2008 02:02 AM

As to the Stock Market one can follow Warrren Buffett into value investing with some savings, and also buy some pre 1964 circulated U.S. dimes
Posted by: Jim Lorenz
22/08/2008 03:09 AM

Excellent article, very true and that should be followed by everybody who's going for adventure, at least read by the others.
Good job!
17/08/2008 01:23 PM

Very informative, not at all what I was expecting but believe this to be sound thinking. Every situation comes down to careful consideration and reasoning and then applying what you've learned. Everyone should read this.
Posted by: Jeff
11/08/2008 09:19 PM

Another excellent article, Lawrence. Examples of the psyche that ones needs to develop before need, as you've shown, IS the key. Doing something new, and potentially unsafe? Do your homework, practice with the tools you'll need. and be confidant of completion...in whatever it takes. Think it through, before ever stepping out the door. Always, ALWAYS follow through. For some, adventure is simply dealing with life. Floods, earthquakes, crime... Psyche up for those potentials as well. MORE likely!
Posted by: Rich Fleetwood
01/08/2008 10:33 PM

I have to say that outside of adventure enthusiasm, this article has been incrediblyy helpful from a psionic stand point. it has helped me expand my mind and explore new motives and directions. Thanks!
Posted by: David S
30/07/2008 10:12 PM

this article is just great!this is one of the best survival articles i have read
Posted by: marshall
16/07/2008 08:33 AM

I enjoyed this article. I have a friend who has been diagnosed with a tumor that may or may not be operable. He has a very good mental attitude and approach to not seeing himself as a victim. he will survive if indeed it is possible. I read a book --the Outward Leadership Book from Outward Bound which describes survival rates increasing if folks have practiced operating outside of their comfort zone-- basically doing capsize drills in a controlled way over and over.
Posted by: Peter Morrissey
15/07/2008 05:21 PM

Thisis a very good article. Give us important advices, not only for survive to an natural disaster. Are advices very useful for the life, the relationships and many other lifeĀ“s situations.
Posted by: Ruth
15/07/2008 12:14 PM

good article! inspiring!
Posted by: kris
15/07/2008 03:08 AM

best article I'vd read in a long timr
Posted by: Carol
14/07/2008 01:30 PM

One of the best books I ever read is LOST IN THE WILD by Cary Griffith, a true survival account of 2 different incidents in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota, and Quetico, Canada, an absolute page turner!
Posted by: betty karpen
13/07/2008 06:54 AM

Mr. Gonzalez ... 3 years since Katrina - seems a long time still to struggle somewhat. Thank you for a godsend blueprint to a 14-point review of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of our own handling of the crisis and its aftermath, to varying degrees of success. Our perspective and priorities were forever changed
Posted by: C. S. Kelsey
12/07/2008 12:33 PM

awesome advises...i'm glad i recognize myself in some skills..i did a hike by myself for 36 days in the pyrennean mountain range in france from the mediterranean sea to the atlantic ocean..
During fews days I was running out of food so,I started to eat vegetables I found in the forest,it was an unforgettable experience..but I lost 8 kilos.At some period I was thinking :should I keep walking there,even if i'm running out of food,should I stop,iget huge blisters and still have scars on my feet
Posted by: antoine pradel