Comments
Tabin is a hero. Climbing 7 Summits is impressive, but it doesn't change anyone's life. My hat's off to National Geographic Adventure for featuring this article. I intend to spread the word about this humanitarian mission so we can raise funds to help it grow.
Posted by: Ruben Gonzalez
02/12/2009 10:25 AM

CNN Hero of the Year 2010!
Posted by: P Maranon
27/11/2009 11:19 AM

a man with great mission.
thank you for what you have done in ethiopia.
Posted by: siska mardini
25/11/2009 10:22 AM

I am speechless and in awe!!!I am a teacher and will share this fantastic article with the nursing students I teach.
Thank you Dr. Tabin!!! You exemplify the best of the human condition
Posted by: SM Cunningham
24/11/2009 11:22 AM

This is what America is all about. Dr. Tabin left made me a proud American. Kudos, to his wife and children who are part of his team.
Posted by: Ursula Strauss
23/11/2009 06:48 PM

We know Geoff as a freind to us all. We live in Park City, Utah where we see him playing tennis and enjoying his friends (everyone) Great Job! You are an inspiration. He really does look 40!! The Peeks
Posted by: Tom
22/11/2009 08:44 PM

I know Geoff Tabin from the tennis community in Park City, Utah. He is truly the most unique individual I have ever met. The writer has captured the real Geoff, the energy, unbridled excitement--- He inspires all of us and we are proud to be a part of his life.
Posted by: Lori Adamski-Peek
22/11/2009 08:15 PM

Geoff--
We need your help to make the Internet much more accessable and friendly to those who are blind.

Thanks for all you and Dr. Ruit have accomplished!
Posted by: Frank Gibney
21/11/2009 11:19 PM

I was a PCV in Ethiopia and am currently doing prevention work with children in South Africa. Tabin is amazing and deserves, with his colleagues, the accolades given. Compelling writing, too! Let's have more coverage of Africa and the many NGOs working tirelessly there.
Posted by: Phil Lilienthal
20/11/2009 11:58 AM

I love the man's committment and dedication to his work. He's a helluva guy. A bright visionary
Posted by: Matthew Kalala
18/11/2009 11:46 PM

Great story regarding the Doctors, the staff, and volunteers.
They are truly American heroes.
Much thanks and God speed.
Posted by: Michael B Pomiak
18/11/2009 03:56 PM

Geoff Tabin is a genuinely "nice guy" to everyone. When he worked at Fletcher Allen in Vermont, he was always overbooked because he just couldn't turn anyone away. Those of us who understood didn't mind waiting the extra time to see him. And praises for the other unsung heroes: his family who recognize the need within him to fulfill this important mission and are there to welcome him back and cherish every minute.
Posted by: Judi Womack
17/11/2009 11:07 AM

Dr Tabin did an amazing job on my cataract surgery in Salt Lake City. He is an incredible human being and this honor is well deserved. Good on ya, Geoff.
Posted by: PC Craig
16/11/2009 01:22 AM

I have spent two years in Eritrea (then a province of Eithiopia) and have seen hundreds of Eithiopians "wearing glasses" only those 'glasses' were flies feeding on them.
Poverty is a huge step up for most of them.
Posted by: Gary Mitchell