Adventure Medical Mountain Series Fundamentals First Aid Kit
A great choice for guides and outfitters, the Adventure Medical Kits Mountain Series Fundamentals is built for trip leaders who are planning lengthy outings to remote locations or just need to be prepared for a wide variety of emergency scenarios. To build a kit of this size on your own would undoubtedly take an incredible amount of time, so purchasing it as a pre-assembled kit not only prepares you and your party for adventure but it saves time too. The long list of practical contents is highlighted by a 4 x 36 inch, hand moldable SAM splint, comprehensive wound cleaning and closure supplies, and a book entitled Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine by Eric A. Weiss M.D., a leading wilderness medicine authority. And just like a hospital emergency room, the kit's components are organized by injury, including corresponding first aid instruction cards to give you the confidence you need at a critical time.
- Equipped with the essentials for 1-8 people on trips with a duration of 1-14 days
- Easy Care system organizes supplies and instructions into injury specific compartments for fast, effective results. Helps anyone confidently administer first aid
- Water resistant main zipper helps keep moisture out
- Clear view interior windows also help with locating supplies quickly
- Includes 1 Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine book, 1 Easy Care Bleeding instruction card, 1 Easy Care Wound instruction card, 1 Easy Care Medications instruction card, 1 Easy Care Fractures and Sprains instruction card, 3 safety pins, 4 antihistamine (diphenhydramine 25 mg) tablets (1 per pkg.), 1 digital thermometer (95 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit), 4 Motrin® (ibuprofen 200 mg, 2 per pkg.) packets, 4 Extra Strength Tylenol® (acetaminophen 500mg, 2 per pkg.) packets, 1 aspirin (325 mg, 2 per pkg.) packet, 1 triangular bandage, 1 pair 4 in. EMT shears, 3 antibiotic ointment packets, 1 20 cc irrigation syringe with 18 gauge tip, 1 Laerdal® CPR face shield, 1 5 x 9 in. trauma pad, 1 8 x 10 in. trauma pad, 6 After Cuts and Scrapes® anesthetic, antiseptic wipes, 1 3 in. elastic bandage with Velcro® closure, 1 1 x 4 in. stockinette tubular bandage, 8 1 x 3 in. adhesive fabric bandages, 5 adhesive fabric knuckle bandages, 1 pkg. of 10 0.25 x 4 in. wound closure strips, 2 2 x 2 in. sterile gauze dressing (2 per pkg.), 3 4 x 4 in. sterile gauze dressing (2 per pkg.), 3 3 x 4 in. sterile non-adherent dressing, 2 3 in. non-sterile conforming gauze bandages, 1 4 x 7 in. non-woven adhesive bandage, 1 4 x 7 in. moleskin sheet, 2 2 x 1.5 in. Spenco 2nd Skin dressing, 1 1 in. x 10 yards cloth tape, 1 pair nitrile gloves with bag and hand wipes, 2 cotton tip applicator (2 per pkg.), 1 splinter picker or tick remover forceps, 2 tincture of benzoin topical skin adhesive swab, 1 0.75 oz. povidone iodine solution vial, 1 pencil, 1 accident report form, 1 4 x 36 in. SAM® splint, 1 2 in. x 5 yards roll of duct tape, 2 large flip-top plastic vials, 1 After Burn® Aloe Vera Gel with Lidocaine 1 oz. packet
- Dimensions: 9 x 8 x 5.5 in.
- Weight: 2 lb. 5 oz.
Purchase the Adventure Medical Mountain Series Fundamentals First Aid Kit from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 11 2010
good basic kit
Items are well organized, with helpful instruction cards and quality materials like the SAM splint. The illustrated book "Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine" is packed with valuable info and tips. This kit was missing the antihistamine tablets, hence the 4 star rating. Also, most of the medications had substitutes for the major brand names.