Adventure Medical Mountain Series Weekender First Aid Kit
Stuffed with a wide assortment of supplies for handling ailments and injuries while climbing and backcountry skiing, the Adventure Medical Kits Mountain Series Weekender is also great for car camping and fishing trips too. No matter where you take it, the Easy Care organization system provides an immediate view of the kit's contents and also offers direction (via enclosed instruction cards) so you know where to begin and what to do next when your party suddenly encounters a difficult situation. More comprehensive than the Light & Fast and Ultralight & Watertight series, the Weekender includes additional useful tools, such as 3 single use thermometers, a CPR face mask, and a roll of duct tape for holding an improvised splint in place.
- Equipped with the essentials for 1-6 people on trips with a duration of 1-7 days
- Easy Care system organizes supplies and instructions into injury specific compartments for fast, effective results. Helps anyone confidently administer first aid
- Clear view interior windows also help with locating supplies quickly
- Includes 1 Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine book, 1 Easy Care Bleeding instruction card, 1 Easy Care Wound instruction card, 1 Easy Care Medications instruction card, 1 Easy Care Fractures and Sprains instruction card, 3 safety pins, 2 antihistamine (diphenhydramine 25 mg) tablets (1 per pkg.), 3 single use thermometers (98.6 to 104.8 degrees Fahrenheit), 1 Motrin® (ibuprofen 200 mg, 2 per pkg.) packet, 2 Extra Strength Tylenol® (acetaminophen 500mg, 2 per pkg.) packets, 1 aspirin (325 mg, 2 per pkg.) packet, 1 triangular bandage, 1 pair 4 in. EMT shears, 3 antibiotic ointment packets, 1 20 cc irrigation syringe with 18 gauge tip, 1 Laerdal® CPR face shield, 1 5 x 9 in. trauma pad, 6 After Cuts and Scrapes® anesthetic, antiseptic wipes, 1 3 in. elastic bandage with Velcro® closure, 5 1 x 3 in. adhesive fabric bandages, 5 adhesive fabric knuckle bandages, 1 pkg. of 10 0.25 x 4 in. wound closure strips, 2 2 x 2 in. sterile gauze dressing (2 per pkg.), 2 4 x 4 in. sterile gauze dressing (2 per pkg.), 2 3 x 4 in. sterile non-adherent dressing, 2 3 in. non-sterile conforming gauze bandages, 1 4 x 7 in. non-woven adhesive bandage, 1 4 x 7 in. moleskin sheet, 1 2 x 1.5 in. Spenco 2nd Skin dressing, 1 1 in. x 10 yards cloth tape, 1 pair nitrile gloves with bag and hand wipes, 1 cotton tip applicator (2 per pkg.), 1 splinter picker or tick remover forceps, 2 tincture of benzoin topical skin adhesive swab, 1 0.75 oz. povidone iodine solution vial, 1 pencil, 1 accident report form, 1 2 in. x 5 yards roll of duct tape
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 7 x 4 in.
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz.
Purchase the Adventure Medical Mountain Series Weekender First Aid Kit from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- June 21 2009
A complete first aid kit
I bought this AMK kit for my home. I plan on using it when I have typical first aid needs at home. But also following our country's need for individuals/families to be prepared in times of disaster(s), both common and unexpected. In Oklahoma, that's smart because of what tornadoes can do. Go to the FEMA website for checklists to prepare yourself in times of emergency.
- December 17 2007
Does the job
I own this kit and it has pretty much everything you need to get the job done, although it is a little on the heavy side.
- May 13 2011
Good Overall Value
Purchased this kit to have a upgrade for my other lighter kits. I am pretty happy with the stuff included and added few more personal things for my family. It's good for car camping or a longer backpacking trip, as well as for emergency purpose. It's not small, but not heavy. I actually like to have this one in my emergency pack as it's almost perfectly sufficient for that purpose. I only wish the kit itself was made with a stronger and water-proof quality.