Arc'teryx Men's Alpha SV Jacket
After enduring 4 months of Alpine Climbing on the Patagonian Ice Field, over a dozen ice climbing and ski touring forays into the North Cascades and a summit of Mt. McKinley, the Arc'teryx Men's Alpha SV Jacket doesn't wilt from extended exposure to humidity, moisture and the worst of mountain weather. Still looking and smelling new, this bomb shell of a jacket is the top-of-the-line mountaineering and backcountry skiing jacket that anchors the best of layering systems. Weighing in at just over a pound, this fast and light packable shell is expedition-tough in GORE-TEX Pro Shell 3-layer fabric with WaterTight zippers and laminated construction that earns lightweight full-featured status. This full seam sealed extreme weather jacket uses Micro seam allowances and tiny GORE-TEX seam tape to minimize bulk and weight, while supple WaterTight zippers eliminate the need for bulky, heavy flaps and the laminated construction pulls. Whether belaying from an awkward stance or skinning across a crevasse minefield, the removable HemLock keeps the jacket from creeping out from under your climbing harness, as no-lift gusseted underarms, articulated elbows, generous easy layering cut, gender specific patterning, and fully reinforced durability help the Alpha SV Jacket remain comfortable, so you can focus on the task at hand. With performance details such as a helmet compatible Storm Hood with gllove-friendly hood adjusters, WaterTight Vislon front zip, sleeve pocket with WaterTight zip, and two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers, the Arc'teryx Alpha SV Jacket is the definitive mountain fortress selected by the American Alpine Guides Association as best in class.
- Selected by the American Alpine Guides Association as best in class
- Fabric: 480N GORE-TEX® Pro Shell 3L
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Fully reinforced for maximum durability
- Perfomance Characteristics: waterproof, snow-shedding, windproof, breathable, highly durable
- Helmet compatible Storm Hood
- Laminated brim
- Laminated chin guard
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- WaterTight Vislon front zip
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Drop back hem
- Laminated hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Harness HemLock inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight zip
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Two internal laminated pockets
- WaterTight external zippers
- Note: WaterTight zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Molded zipper garages
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- Embroidered logo
- Non-chafing label
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Fit: XPD Expedition fit, Hip Length
- Weight: 541 g, 1 lb 3.1 oz
Purchase the Arc'teryx Alpha SV Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 21 2012
Instantly buy it!
This jacket is made by GORE-TEX pro shell! This represents the jacket will have very good quality. Alpha sv is the best hardshell. Once you have it, the other waterproof jackets will be overshadowed. It is a work of art!
- December 21 2011
Worth the price
This jacket is the best hard shell I have owned. I am an avide hiker and backpacker. I have purchased other hard shells over the years that just were not waterproof. This jacket I can say is that. I hesitated to make this purchase because of the cost. To me it was worth it because I feel this jacket could ultimately save your life. It will keep you dry. I am 6'3" tall and 205 lbs. I have an XL and it is slightly big to wear on its own but over other clothing e.g. baselayer, mid-weight and a micro-fleece it is perfect. You can use the draw cords to improve the fit if you are not layered. I am very happy with the size becasue I have options. The only thing negative is the jacket is a little stiff. It will probably soften up after being stuffed in my pack serveral more times. This is my GO TO piece of gear now!!
- November 20 2011
Perfect for the alpine environment. Simple has all that you need for protection against the elements. Very tough material great sizing. I am 6 ft 180lbs and the large fits perfectly. Just enough room for layering. Highly recomended.
- October 30 2011
This jacket is as good as money can buy. It is easy to see research the performance of the jacket; however, I was mostly concerned with spending this much money on a jacket that I haven't tried on for size. I am 6'2" and 225lbs with fairly broad shoulders and a lengthy torso. I found the XL to be slightly big but would not have been happy with a Large. I have already been putting this jacket to the test in the backcountry of Montana and have found it to be worth every cent!
- August 25 2011
one of the finest hardshells available
This jacket is as tough as they say. I haven't scratched it with anything sharp, but it looks and feels like it will withstand a lot of abuse. But who would abuse such an expensive jacket? Its design is great--- comfortable and totally waterproof and windproof, wrists seal up tight by velcro fasteners that don't irritate like some do. This shell feels a lot like my favorite, Theta AR but the Theta is made of 380 and 480 fabrics; the Alpha SV is all 480, so it weighs more. Note also, the Theta AR is longer and gives better leg coverage and has more conventional pockets. Both are rather inflexible and noisy fabrics, but soften up after some use. Not for minimalists, or thin wallets!