Arc'teryx Men's Micon Jacket
If you like full storm coverage and low-bulk insulation, the Arcteryx Men's Micon Jacket delivers high-end waterproof and breathable ski jacket performance. The jacket's style and fit are relaxed, but the Micon's features are technical enough to keep pace with your passion for skiing and riding. The Gore-Tex three-layer construction is matched with durable exterior fabrics and Coreloft synthetic insulation, so you are ready for the big powder day. You get extended coverage below the waist for additional warmth. When the backside calls, the mesh-lined pit zips bolster breathability for the boot pack and the powder skirt keeps the cold smoke at bay. Arcteryx adds a long list of functional features including an integrated collar, insulated and helmet compatible hood, gusseted underarms and hidden Recco reflectors. You can charge into winter with the Arcteryx Men's Micon Jacket.
- Material: 410N Gore-Tex® Pro Shell 3-layer, Waterproof / Breathable
- Insulation: Coreloft™ 100 gm/sq m insulation
- Liner: Coreline™ liner fabric
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Tiny Gore® seam tape (13 mm & 19 mm)
- Smooth inner face-fabric allows for easy layering
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Stealth hood adjusters
- Helmet compatible insulated Storm Hood™
- Integrated fitted collar panel for added warmth and comfort
- Laminated chin guard
- Internal chest pocket with laminated zip
- Laminated sleeve pocket with laminated zip
- Two high-volume hand pockets with zips
- Internal mesh pocket
- Internal MP3/key/card pocket with zip
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Full front zip with wind flap
- Webbing zipper pulls
- Easy-sliding sleeve lining won't bind on other layers
- Wide cuffs to fit over gloves
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Large cuffs to fit over gloves
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure
- Mesh-lined powder guard vents for breathability, designed to prevent snow from entering clothing
- Lift pass loop
- Hidden Recco® reflector
- Fit: Relaxed fit, Hip Length
- Recommended for: Ski-Snowboard
- Weight: 976 g
Purchase the Arc'teryx Micon Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 3 2012
To begin with, Arcteryx jackets are always top flite, and this one is no exception. Quality materials and construction as always, adjusters updated from earlier designs and better; totally waterproof and totally windproof. I don't quite understand its existence in comparison to the Fission model. Micon (size L weight 1032g) is similar to the Fission sl (size xl weight 712g) and Fission SV (size xl weight 1100g), construction is similar; warmth seems about the same as the Fission sl (so far, my fave for its light weight). Micon is $100 more than the Fission sl; $200 more than the sv, and I don't understand that, unless the Fission prices are going to go up. I can't find any fault whatsoever with the Micon- it is perfect and I recommend it with excitement. I've worn it in mid 30 degree weather with wind and it is warm. Fabric is as noisy as the Fissions too. Blue lining is neat. Size: well it's not generous- fits trim and well, stylish... don't expect to layer under it; better size up if you wear a sweater. Looks classy in town.
- December 31 2011
substance and style.
i know this is a bit crazy, but i love my arcteryx carbon jacket so much that i just bought another one in amber. yes, that is excessive. except this jacket completely rocks in terms of really being comfortable. super durable. and it kept me crazy dry and warm when i was photographing big horn sheep in wyoming. wearing it is like being inside a lavish fort that is decorated with cool colors, practical design and delivers a great experience. so i say get one. yes it is costly. but quality in terms of substance and style that lasts is hard to come by and never comes cheap.
- November 29 2011
Unlike other Arcteryx, this is the relaxed fit one. I always wear their usual large; but Micon Large is equal to usual XL for "roomier fit" and for better movement as they claim on their website. I am 6 feet 180 LBs; the large is very roomy. The contrast color in and out is amazing (I got black outside and inside is blue). This jacket is super warm and yet breathable while unzipping the armpit. I wore this while watching a football game during a raining cold windy game in SF. I was the only one staying warm and dry after sitting in the windy rain for three hours. Overall, Arcteryx produces another superman winter coat!!! A must have!! Highly recommended!!!