Atlas Snowshoes Snow Race Snowshoe
When old man winter comes knocking, the Altlas Snow Race Snowshoes that sport titanium toe and heel traction are the perfect tool to help running fanatics break a sweat in a winter wonderland. Optimum flotation is maintained through the Spring-Loaded Suspension binding that keeps close contact underfoot.
- Material: 7075 Aluminum Race V-Frame provides featherweight performance
- Superlight titanium toe & heel traction gives security on uneven surfaces
- Spring-Loaded suspension keeps snowshoe close underfoot for optimum floatation and natural stride
- Durable Nytex decking for long life
- One-pull race binding offers quick adjustment
- Size: 22"
- Surface Area: 134 sq. in.
- Load: 75-190 lbs (up to 220 lbs on packed trails)
- Weight: 2.08
Purchase the Atlas Snowshoes Snow Race Snowshoe from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 30 2008
Great on first race
I always hesitate to review so soon from purchase. I typically race on the Northern Lites, which I also love. Raced on the Atlas Race for the first time last week, in warm, slushy conditions, and they were great. Excellent bite, despite wet and soft 6-10 inch base. They track extremely well. Binding makes entry and exit very simple, no floppy straps. Did not loosen at all during race. Yet to be determined--cleat, binding, and surface durability. Love them so far though.
Chris de Roulet
- November 18 2008
Pricey, but an EXCELLENT snowshoe
I bought these after I ran the qualifying rounds for the Nationals in Atlas 1025's...(definitely NOT recommended). My feet were blistered and quads burned from lifting such a heavy shoe through 10 kilometers at a slow top speed. I ordered the race snowshoes the next week (I bought the 2nd to the last pair in the nation, as they were in such high demand). These shoes are GREAT...durable, extraordinarily light, and fast! A bit expensive, but so are Aston Martins.