Atlas Snowshoes Women's 1223 Elektra 12 Series Snowshoe
Designed for the unique stride and foot shape of women, the Women's Atlas Snowshoes 1223 Elektra 12 Series Snowshoes will give you the traction and flotation you need for any terrain, from dense snow in the flats to powder and ice at the summit. Boasting their top-of-the line features, these ladies snowshoes have durable, lightweight Durateck decking and 7075 aluminum frames that change shape to give them better load-bearing capacity and stiffness where they need it. The Wrapp Pro Bindings use easy on-and-off buckles that keep your feet locked in securely while the stainless steel crampons under your forefoot, heel and at the sides grip any surface for dependable traction. On steep climbs the heel lift bar saves your calf muscles so you can stay out longer, putting in big miles in the backcountry while youre wearing the Atlas Elektra 12 Series Snowshoes for women.
- Frame: 7075 aluminum
- Deck: Duratek nylon
- Crampons: Stainless steel
- Spring-Loaded™ Suspension (SLS) keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation
- Women's ReactiV™ 7075 Aluminum Frame changes from a cylindrical to an elliptical shape to increase strength where the frame bears the greatest loads for a stiffer, more responsive feel
- Women's Wrapp™ Pro Bindings feature FlowTape™ silicone straps that glide through low-friction buckles with a smooth buckle release for easy on-off use
- Heel Lift Bar saves calves from fatigue on steep climbs
- Duratek Decking, the lightest and strongest deck¬ing, uses a pebble-finish for more abrasion resistance
- Holey-1 Toe Crampon, top-end traction, uses shovel-shaped stainless steel prongs for better hold and sharp ice tips for superior bite on frozen slopes
- Advanced Aft Traction, surest grip comes from sharp ice tips on the heel cleat with four angled, ridged side rails for superior all-mountain traction; integrated heel lift bar ties directly into the traction for deeper penetration with each step
- Size: 23 in
- Recommended load: 80-160 lbs
- Surface Area: 145sq in
- Dimensions: 8.25 x 23 in
- Weight per pair: 3 lb 10.5 oz
Purchase the Atlas Snowshoes 1223 Elektra 12 Series Snowshoe for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 18 2011
I have had shoulder surgery and can't ski, but still like to be out in the mountains. I really like these snow shoes. After renting different kinds and trying different ones, I know these are the best for me. I can walk through any kind of snow. Off trail is good they don't sink down in the snow too far and are very light. The side teeth really help me because I can only use one pole and I find it easier to keep my balance. These snow shoes have given me back some of my freedom and a way to see alot of terrain. I am 5' 3" 106 lbs and these snow shoes fit me perfectly. Thank you
- January 18 2011
The shoes have just the right amount of float and maneuverability for backcountry showshoeing. The bindings are a dream to adjust and get in and out of. This is a great shoe!
- January 20 2010
Great Snowshoe with awesome bindings!
This is a great snowshoe! They are a perfect design for women, and the bindings are so easy to use--you can be in and out of them in seconds. They also stay secure, even in the deepest powder and on the longest treks!!
- April 11 2011
LOVE these snowhoes!!
i love the overall ease and women's-specific fit of these snowshoes. i wear size 9 boots & the bindings adjust to fit securely whether i wear a lined winter boot or unlined spring boot. and the bindings are easy to adjust even with a gloved hand whether at the beginning of your trek or on the trail. i have not used the heel lift yet but it's nice to know they're there. overall, these are lightweight & portable, easy to throw in the car or in a pack, yet still reliable and sturdy in the snow. they tend to slip on inclines despite the metal 'teeth' which can be frustrating and they throw snow as you step - these are the only drawbacks i found using these on dozens of outings over the past several months (and the only reason i gave these 4 stars rather than 5) but frankly they're so great in many other ways it's ok.