Backpacker's Pantry Banana Cream Pie - Serves 2
A yummy blend of vanilla pudding and banana chips, the Backpacker's Pantry Banana Cream Pie is topped off with a graham cracker crumb topping.
- Serving Size: Two 6 oz. Servings
- INGREDIENTS: VANILLA PUDDING (SUGAR, NONFAT MILK, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, HYDROGENATED SOY AND/OR CANOLA OILS, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SODIUM CASEINATES, CALCIUM SULFATE, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, FD&C YELLOW #5 & #6 VANILLIN AND ETHYL VANILLIN, LECITHIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), FREEZE-DRIED BANANAS, TOPPING (GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS [ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR, GRAHAM FLOUR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), WHEY, SALT, HONEY], SUGAR).
- ALLERGENS: CONTAINS MILK, SOYBEAN, GLUTEN, WHEAT, MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUTS AND TREE NUTS
- Directions: Add 1 cup (240 mL) of cold water to filling mix. Beat briskly with two forks for 2 minutes. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over top of filling. Let sit for 13 minutes
- Dry Weight: 4.1 OZ (116g)
Purchase the Backpacker's Pantry Banana Cream Pie - Serves 2 from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- November 5 2010
Everyone Liked It
I served the Backpacker's Pantry Banana Cream Pie to our group of three on a recent backpacking trip. The trip was challenging (38 miles in four days with five passes to cross). Each of us was tired when we reached camp but after we sampled this fine dessert we perked-up. It washed away some of the discomfort and inserted a breath of luxury - well worth the space and weight it took up in my pack. It's simple to prepare too- just mix it up in the pouch. I liked that on this trip because I didn't have much interest in washing extra pots.