Black Diamond Equipment ATC Guide Belay Device
Black Diamonds most versatile belay/rappel device, the ATC Guide Belay Device is now even lighter thanks to windows machined through the body. The ATC also features an enlarged auto-block release hole to accept a small carabiner. Multiple friction modes provide the optimal amount of stopping power when lowering or rappelling, and the device's guide mode lets you belay one or two seconding climbers off an anchor.
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel
- Machined windows through device for weight savings
- Guide mode works with one or two climbers ascending or descending
- Auto-block release hole enlarged to accept a small carabiner
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught between ropes
- Handles ropes from 7.7 mm to 11 mm
- Weight : 88 g, 3.1 oz
Purchase the Black Diamond Equipment ATC Guide Belay Device from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- May 9 2011
If you're buying this, you probably already know what it's for, but I'll add just a little bit of commentary. A few months ago I bought the ATC Guide to use for multipitch climbing as well as snow and ice climbing. What blew me away is how much additional friction you get from the teeth - don't expect an old rope to move easily through these. I had a jerky completely free rappel on a sub-10mm rope, but keep in mind you can always flip it around to use the low-friction side, except when you're belaying a second climber. All in all, an excellent addition to the rack.