Black Diamond Equipment Storm Headlamp
When you need bright, reliable light in the worst conditions, the fully waterproof Black Diamond Storm Headlamp offers up 100 lumens of illumination for spotting rap anchors or lighting up the trail. In addition to versatile proximity, distance and strobe modes, the Storm's 2 red LEDs preserve night vision and activate without cycling through white mode. We also included a lock mode to stop accidental battery drain when the lamp is stored in your pack
- TriplePower LED, 2 SinglePower White LEDs and 2 SinglePower red LEDs emit 100 lumens (max power)
- Red night vision mode activates without cycling through white mode
- Sleek low-profile design uses 4 AAA batteries
- Settings include full strength in proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red night vision and lock mode
- Three-level power meter shows remaining battery life for 3 seconds after switching on headlamp
- Protected against water immersion down to 1 m (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes (IPX 7)
- LED Type: 1 TriplePower, 4 SinglePower (2 white, 2 red
- Lumens : 100
- Max Distances: 70 m (TriplePower LED); 25 m (2 SinglePower LEDs)
- Max Burn Time:200 H (TriplePower LED); 125 H (SinglePower LEDs)
- IPX Rating: 7
- Batteries: 4 AAA
- Weight: 110 g (3.9 oz ) (w/o batteries)
Purchase the Black Diamond Equipment Storm Headlamp from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 4 2012
Lighting up the Night
WOW! I feel like I've been in the dark ages. I use headlamps all the time but i have never used one this bright. Let me tell you i will never go back. This headlamp is pretty cool with a hundred lumens it really lights up the night and is great for camping or caving since it is waterproof and durable you don't have to worry about breaking it or drowning it. It just might out perform the other flashlights you own.
- December 19 2011
Best Headlamp I've Owned!
I have had several different headlamps over the past 10 years and none have come close to this one. It feels a little heavy in your hand and switching modes is a little more complicated than others I have had but those are my only two quips. It is by far the brightest I have ever used with a deep penetrating beam or the broad close-up side LED's it is awesome. I also wanted this one for the red light mode which is great for tents and shelters where you need enough light to see but don't want to put your buddies eyes out. Once you get the hange of switching between modes it is no problem and it really doesn't feel heavy on your head just in your hand. BTW the white color is cool also!
- May 9 2011
The Black Diamond Storm headlamp feels solid and durable. The lamp works well and is very easy to change the intensity of the light and alternate to the red light. The strap is very comfortable. This headlamp is larger/heavier than my previous headlamp (Petzl Zipka^2), but the weight doesn't bother me once I put it on. The beam is solid and I have no complaints. The price point is very good too. I use headlamps for camping and wildlife surveys/viewing.