Burton Men's Serow Snowboard Boot
Created specifically for freeriders, Burton's Serow offers a wider range of motion than any other full-featured boot for expert snowboarders. It's not as rigid as the Driver X or Ion boots, but it does offer more support potential than The White Collection Series. This season Burton redesigned their heat-moldable Imprint 3 liner without taking away any of the customizable refinements like the J-Bar adjustable heel hold system and the Outlast Adaptive Comfort technology. Outlast technology is a thermal phase-changing material that helps absorb excess heat while you're hiking up backcountry ridges and releases the thermal warmth as your feet chill during long rides down the fall line. The result is a more consistent insulation performance that you can count on throughout the day. The Power Panels inside the liner contain memory foam materials that snap back to their original positions far better than the traditional boot materials that typically "pack in" after a season of hard use. You'll also find B3 gel cushioning inside the Vibram outsole for added impact-absorption on big air landings. The Serow has a Streamlined Speed Zone lacing system that allows you to tighten and loosen the support along key areas to match the terrain, so you're not uncomfortably hogtied in a vise like other high-end snowboard boots. If you like the surfy sensations of float and flow freeride, the Serow has the perfect flex, especially if you're spending the day in knee-deep powder.
- Burton "support" rating: 6 on a scale of 1 to 10
- New redesigned Imprint 3 Liner with Power Panel 2.0 technology, adjustable heel hold feature with removable J Bars and an Aegis antimicrobial coating
- Neat and clean Streamlined Speed Zone lacing system for true zonal lacing control and support where you need it
- Articulated cuff with Power Spine 1.0 backstay for moderate support
- Warm Thin Profile 3D molded tongue
- Molded EVA Footbed with ESS Support Shank and thermally-resistant Outlast® footbed treated with an Aegis antimicrobial coating
- Vibram® outsole also has B3 gel cushioning and rubber ice spikes for traction
Purchase the Burton Serow Snowboard Boot for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 24 2008
Out of the Box and Onto the Slopes
I got these because I wanted a boot that gives good response and also easy to hike in or use on my split board for a long day of skinning up the mountains and riding down. So far they went brand new out of the box to on my feet for a week trip to Utah. Outstanding.
- November 4 2007
This boot rocks. The combination of the articulated cuff and Vibriam outsole is great. Ive been waiting for this boot to hit the US market from Japan for a while. Its got a little more room in the toe box area then other Burton boots and fits my foot great. Its stiff were you need it, but with the articulated cuff you get a nice amount of forward flex for hiking and riding.