Cataract SGG Counterbalance Shaft with Wrap and Stop (9 Ft.)
The Cataract SGG Counterbalance Shaft with Wrap and Stop (9 Ft.) has an internal counterbalance weight in the handle area. This offsets the weight of the blade and shaft past the oarlock for easy, low fatigue rowing.
- Material: Glass/carbon/epoxy composite
- The SGG shaft, with its spiral wound fiberglass and carbon fiber lay up flexes and rebounds like a wooden oar, without the maintenance issues of wood
- The handle area has a four pound weight added. This counters the weight of the oar out past the oarlock. In a day's rowing, you lift that oar out of the water hundreds of times. This takes a lot of the work out of your outing!
- Shaft comes with rope wrap and rubber stopper, for quiet rowing
- 4 pound counterbalance weight in handle
- 1 Rubber Oar Stopper
- Rope wrap begins 22" below handle base
- Rope wrap in 20" in length
- Shaft rebounds like wood
- Length of Shaft w/out Blade:
- 10 = 7'9"
- If you have not previously used rope wrapped oars with your oarlocks, be sure to examine the inside surfaces of the horns for any rough places or imperfections. Using the oars in oarlocks that cause premature wear of the rope wrap may not be covered by warranty.
Purchase the Cataract SGG Counterbalance Shaft with Wrap and Stop (9 Ft.) from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.