Columbia Men's Raptus Jacket
If you're an ounce-counter on backcountry adventures, you'll love the weight-shaving perfection of the Columbia Raptus Jacket for men. One of the first assumptions that skiers and other outdoor enthusiasts make about lightweight ski jackets is that technical outerwear manufacturers often cut ski accessories and features from the clothing to save ounces. Note that we didn't say "INCORRECT assumptions"--because that's what many ski jacket and parka designers do--but Columbia's Raptus Jacket is a distinct exception. It relies on Columbia's proven Omni-Heat insulation and thermal reflective technology to reduce the overall garment weight. Tiny reflective dots in the jacket liner help reflect body heat back at your skin, optimizing insulating warmth more efficiently than traditional, weightier winter outerwear clothing. That leaves the Raptus fully loaded with great ski features, including underarm venting, all seams sealed, waterproof zippers and internal security and goggle pockets.
- Shell fabric: 100% mechanical stretch nylon dobby fabric
- Lining: 100% polyester Omni-Heat® Thermal Reflective material
- Insulation: 80g 50% polyester/50% recycled polyester Omni-Heat®
- Omni-Dry® breathable and waterproof membrane
- Fully seam-sealed construction with waterproof zippers throughout garment
- Zip-in compatible with Columbia's Three-point Interchange System for easy layering
- Attached and adjustable storm hood
- Venting beneath sleeves
- Zippered chest pocket and zippered sleeve pockets
- Zippered internal security pocket and zippered mesh goggle pocket
- Center back length: 31 in
Purchase the Columbia Raptus Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 13 2012
Bought this jacket recently for the winter here in NYC and it hasn't disappointed me yet. It hasn't been in the single digits yet but in the low 20's a couple of times in the last two weeks and the windchill up above 20 as well too; this jacket has kept me warm with just a t-shirt under. The Omni-Dry protection keeps me extra dry, more than one of my Gore-Tex parkas and the Omni-Heat technology keeps me warm enough without suffocating me in extreme warmth. I'm 6'2 275 lbs and I'm always hot so this jacket was perfect for me. Really wasn't looking for a puffy down coat because of it's excellent warmth to weight ratio since I'm always hot and sweating in the blistering NYC winters. Although I was looking at the Patagonia Wanaka Down Jacket, but I made the right decision with this coat.