Columbia Men's Ravenous Stability Omni-Tech Trail Running Shoe
The fast, stable Columbia Sportswear Men's Ravenous Stability Omni-Tech Trail Running Shoe gobbles up single track while dishing up a healthy portion of pronation control and weather protection. Designed specifically for aggressive trail runners who want some extra off-road stability, the Ravenous Stability Omni-Tech features a full-length dual-density Techlite midsole with firmer EVA foam at the midfoot to keep feet from rolling too far inward or outward at the footstrike. Our revolutionary heel capture system puts softer 3D molded Techlite material directly against the heel and moves the stabilizing heel counter to the outside. This provides a comfortable, conforming fit where trail runners told us they need it most. The breathable mesh body sports a dual-density collar for added comfort and waterproof technology for great protection against rain, puddles and creek crossings. Designed for performance from the ground up, the Ravenous features a multi-directional lugged outsole with Omni-Grip rubber for superb traction on wet, muddy or rough terrain.
- Firmer EVA foam at the midfoot for outstanding pronation control
- Omni-Tech® waterproof-breathable mesh upper
- Gusseted tongue keeps out unwanted debris
- 3D Techlite heel system provides conforming fit and stabilizes the foot over the midsole for protection on technical terrain
- Dual-density Techlite molded midsole
- Soft lateral foot strike zone to provide greater cushioning in the heel
- Lower profile geometry provides stability
- Full-length Omni-Grip outsole with multi-directional lug pattern
- Weight: Size 9, ½ pair = 12.41oz/352g
Purchase the Columbia Ravenous Stability Omni-Tech Trail Running Shoe for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- June 20 2011
Comfortable Out Of The Box
I purchased these shoes to wear as I attempt to train for and run a 5K. I'm 5' 11" and 225 lbs. with VERY flat feet so I lumber in them but they're great. I'm running on trails with gravel, sand and rocks and so far I haven't slipped or pounded my foot on any rocks. The motion control works better than any I've had so far and I'm able to lace them up nicely to get the forefoot control I need. I'm normally a Montrail man because they fit my swimfin shaped feet but the Omni-Techs may change that (and yes I know Columbia bought Montrail). My only two cons are that they're so smooth inside (both a pro and a con) my heel slips even more than usual and the color.