Filson Cover Cloth Crushable Packer Hat
Travel in convenience with the Filson Cover Cloth Crushable Packer Hat. Built with Oil Finish 100% Cover Cloth, the Cover Cloth Crushable Packer Hat provides maximum water repellency and pliability, meaning you can stuff it in your suitcase without a worry.
- Oil Finish Cover Cloth, 6 oz. 100% cotton, 2 ply by 2 ply, paraffin treated for maximum water repellency and pliability
- Fedora style crown
- Lined with black cotton to help the crown keep its shape
- Fabric hatband sewn around base of crown
- 2.525" brim
- Cotton sweatband
- Decorative bow tie covers the rear seam of sweatband
- 8 grommets for ventilation (4 on each side)
- Crushable brim and crown
- Small green Filson logo embroidered on left side of hatband
- Weight: 5oz
- Made in USA
Purchase the Filson Cover Cloth Crushable Packer Hat from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- May 29 2010
Filson Packer hat
Great hat for rain! I personally don't like jackets with hoods and this hat is perfect to keep in your jacket pocket to keep your noggin dry, water rolls right off and its crushable. I've never been disappointed with any Filson products.
- November 21 2010
Cover cloth material is too stiff for a hat
I want to be fair because I suspect many people would be happy with this hat. However, I found the cover cloth material very stiff, so it felt like I had a cardboard or paper hat on my head. Most of my other hats are synthetic (Tilley, Outdoor Research), fur felt (Borsalino), or wool (Watership Trading Company). I understand that the stiffness of the material is a result of treatment to make it water resistant, but in this day and age, with all of the synthetics available, not to mention other natural material, I don't see the need to put up with the stiffness unless one is really into the vintage rustic look.