High Sierra Explorer 55 Backpacking Backpack
Go higher and farther with the High Sierra Explorer 55 Backpacking Backpack. Lightweight, rugged and roomy, it features a top-loading main compartment with 55 liters of storage space, top and bottom pack access, a bottom sleeping bag compartment, a hydration-ready design and plenty of accessories to hold gear like ice axes and hiking poles.
- 55-liter, top-load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid
- Front-load sleeping bag compartment with divider
- ERGO-FIT shoulder harness, with adjustable load-lifters, is constructed with Vapel™ mesh Airflow™ and high-density foam padding
- Molded foam back panel with Airflow™ channels to keep your back cool and dry
- Dual, contoured aluminum frame bars can be adjusted to fit the shape of your back
- Front flap with adjustable straps holds extra gear
- Webbing daisy chain on both sides
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve and dual exit ports for tube (reservoir not included)
- Removable media pocket is attached to the backpack strap
- Adjustable bottom compression straps
- Adjustable sternum strap stabilizes pack
- Dual mesh pockets hold 1000ml water bottles
- Soft lashing hardware holds ice ax/hiking poles
- Tuck-away rain cover, stored in a bottom pocket, also protects the pack when checked for air travel
- Dimensions: 30x14x8in
- Volume: 3356cu in
- Weight: 5.2 lbs
Purchase the High Sierra Explorer 55 Backpacking Backpack from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 28 2011
Exactly as Decribed
I'm 5'2" so I needed a shorter pack with good capacity. This pack is fully adjustable and very comfortable to carry. I used it for winter day hike carrying food, water and extra clothing along with my snowshoes and had room to spare.
Mayra Selenia Monsivis Nava
- October 24 2009
is a great backpack is really light, but really roomy too, the best choice for a girl, and also looks great. I love the pacific color. I love everything about it.