High Sierra Summit 45 Backpacking Backpack
Equally at home on the trails or far off the beaten path, the High Sierra Summit 45 Backpacking Backpack holds a lot but never holds you back. Lightweight and sporting a roomy 45-liter top-load main compartment, this feature-rich pack includes a host of extra like multiple compression straps, a hydration-ready design, soft lashing hardware and lots of handy pockets.
- 45-liter, top-load main compartment with gusseted drawstring closure and adjustable top lid
- Front-load sleeping bag compartment with divider
- Padded backpack straps, with adjustable load-lifters, is constructed with Vapel™ mesh Airflow™
- Molded foam back panel with Airflow™ channels to keep your back cool and dry
- Single, contoured aluminum frame bar can be adjusted to fit the shape of your back
- Adjustable waist belt, with Vapel™ mesh Airflow™padding, wicks moisture
- Adjustable side and bottom compression straps keep gear secure
- Webbing daisy chain on both sides
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve and dual exit ports for tube (reservoir not included)
- Removable media pocket is attached to the backpack strap
- Adjustable sternum strap stabilizes pack
- Dual mesh pockets hold 1000ml water bottles
- Soft lashing hardware holds ice ax/hiking poles
- Tuck-away rain cover, stored in a bottom pocket, also protects the pack when checked for air travel
- Dimensions: 27x14x7.5in
- Volume: 2750cu in
- 5.4 lbs
Purchase the High Sierra Summit 45 Backpacking Backpack from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- July 31 2011
This bag has been perfect for my 2-3 week trips. It is sturdy, attractive, and practical - with useful compartments for sleeping bag, shoes, smaller items, etc. The collapsible inner bag provides more volume, but only if necessary. I've taken this bag on several rough trips and it still looks new. The rain cover came in so handy, not so much for the rain, but for covering the straps on the bag during check-in. Can't wait to test it out in the rain as well! The adjustable straps also make it easy to fit to my small frame. No back or shoulder pain!
- August 9 2010
Very light, excellent price.
- July 31 2010
Awesome pack, highly recommended
Took this pack for a few day hike in the Adirondacks. Could fit plenty inside and strapped the rest to the outside. Durable, water-tight, and has lots of nice pockets for various supplies. Comfortable to carry, even with lots of gear.
- April 22 2010
Very efficient pack
Really an amazing pack. The stowaway rain cover on the bottom of the pack is very convenient when weather turns bad.