Highgear Trail Pilot 2 Compass
Small enough to clip onto the outside of your daypack or onto your fly-fishing vest, the High Gear Trail Pilot is an exceptionally lightweight analog compass/digital thermometer made for those looking for an essential resource on short trips. The liquid-filled analog compass features six-degree graduations, making it ideal for guideline bearings. A Therma-Sensor near the clip reads temperatures down to a 0.1 resolution in Fahrenheit or Celsius. Whether you're looking for a basic compass for cruising ski areas or wondering if it's warm enough to roll out of your sleeping bag yet, the High Gear Trail Pilot is compact enough to fit practically anywhere. If you're looking for a few more features (like an altimeter, barometer and chronograph) take a moment to look at the High Gear Axis Watch.
- Analog compass display with 6-degree graduations
- Digital thermometer with 0.1-degree resolution
- Thermometer switches between Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Rotating compass bezel with cardinal points
- Thermometer range: -4ºF to 131ºF (-20ºC to 55ºC)
- Compass fluid resists freezing
- Water resistant to 30 ft. (10 m.)
- One SR1120W battery required
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.88 x .56 in.
- Weight: 1 oz.
Purchase the Highgear Trail Pilot 2 Compass from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- March 2 2007
Excellent, simple compass - the clip is a nice feature.
As a lightweight backpacker, I love multi-function gadgets. As a total gearhead, I like cool stuff. This is both. It's a good, basic compass and thermometer, and the clip is a smart feature - it means I never leave the gadget at home by accident. My only gripe is that the clip is a very narrow opening - I'd prefer a wider gap to make it easier to hang on the shoulder strap of a pack.