Inov-8 Road-X 233 Running Shoes
A minimalist shoe with a sticky rubber sole, the Inov-8 Road-X 233 Running Shoes are as close to barefoot you can get while still protecting and supporting your foot with springy, responsive foam. Built with a fast-drying, breathable mesh upper, this unisex shoe is built on a performance last for a snug, precise fit that will decrease internal movement over uneven terrain. With a thin footbed that keeps your foot close to the ground in its most stable position, the midsole provides cushion and increases propulsion. A sticky rubber outsole may wear down a little faster than other rubbers but it provides grip and traction on the road that will keep you going strong. The Inov-8 Road-X 233 Running Shoe is engineered for elite runners who want a high performance road shoe that keeps their feet close to the ground for maximum power and speed.
- Upper: mesh
- Upper: Met-Cradle™ webbing ensures a secure lock down over the footbed, while maintaining natural metatarsal alignment
- Upper: Lacing system is attached to TPU supports, promoting a better, more even fit
- Upper: Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort and performance
- Insole: Contoured foam insole supplies lightweight cushioning
- Midsole: Meta-Flex™ allows the forefoot to move fluidly through each stride
- Midsole: Dynamic Fascia Band™ (DFB) mimics the "windlass" effect, transferring a jolt of energy with each step, promoting a faster, more efficient stride
- Midsole: Terradapter™ heel shifts and splays outward to absorb maximum impact, regardless of how you land, allowing it to accommodate different running gait heel strikes
- Midsole: 2 Arrow Shoc-Zone™ provides low underfoot protection, supplying the most through the midfoot and forefoot strike; best on softer terrains and great for racing
- Differential: 6mm between heel and forefoot
- Outsole: Road-X outsole offers lightweight cushioning on hard-packed surfaces
- Outsole: Sticky rubber outsole was created using rock climbing rubber technology to maximize traction in wet conditions; has an average lifespan of 600 miles
- Performance™ fit helps minimize internal movement when contouring, ascending and descending
- Weight per shoe: 10 oz (size 11)
- Sizing: Unisex sizing is in men's D width. Women size down 1.5 sizes. Ex.: If you are a women's size 7 in your running shoe, you will choose unisex size 5.5
Purchase the Inov-8 Road-X 233 Running Shoes from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- August 3 2011
What I've come to expect from Inov-8- Excellence!
I purchased this pair of road running shoes at the suggestion of my physical therapist. I prefer to run on trails and have a pair of Inov-8 shoes for trail running (and another model on the way). The therapist suggested this model specifically to me. These are featherweight and ultra-comfortable, almost as if you are wearing nothing at all. They have great grip to the pavement and are true to their size. I would highly recommend them to those who are adept at running in the "pose" method (not heal hitting first). If not used with the pose method of running it is likely these will not be a good fit them. This method of running takes time to get used to and results in a different type of soreness, more so in the calves versus "shin splints" and aching knees. They take a little getting used to but are excellent once you master the pose method.