Julbo Kids' Solan Sunglasses (w/ Spectron 3+ Lenses)
Sized just right for your little adventurers, the Julbo Kids' Solan Sunglasses are perfect for kids 4 to 6 years old. Spectron 3+ lenses are lightweight and shock resistant with a Flash Finish mirrored coating to improve filtration of visible light. But what good are the lenses if they wont stay on their heads? Not a problem thanks to wrap-around, curved frames with articulated hinges and Grip Tech ends. These frames will sit comfortably on their heads, and just in case they do slide off, holes on the tips of the frames provide an easy place to attach a cord. The Julbo Solan Sunglasses for Kids will let your little one live life to the fullest.
- Ages 4-6 years
- Spectron 3+ Lenses: lightweight polycarbonate lenses offer good shock resistance, are multipurpose and suitable for all sports, plus a Flash Finish coating to improve filtration of visible light by producing a mirror effect on the lens
- Recommended for: the mountain environment, use on the water and bright sun conditions
- Frame Curvature: Base 6, a curved frame with better side vision and sun protection from the side
- Wrap-around +: curved frame with wide temples to protect against harsh sunlight
- Curved Temples: ergonomic profile to wear sunglasses on face or head
- Flex system: Articulated hinges at temples for added comfort for various head shapes
- Grip Tech: inserts at stem ends for comfort and hold, does not stick to hair
- Cord Attachment: holes on tips of temple frame ends allow cord attachment
- Visible Light Transmission Rate: 12%
- Protection Index: 3 (on a scale of 0-4)
- Lens Width: 51 mm
- Nose Bridge Width: 14 mm
- Temple Frame Length: 115 mm
Purchase the Julbo Kids' Solan Sunglasses (w/ Spectron 3+ Lenses) from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- August 28 2011
I love the frame material and the fit is nice for my 3 1/2 year old. They can definitely fit the face of a larger child as well, considering the fact that I was able to squeeze them on to my pretty average size medium face. The lenses are decent, but nothing spectacular. The biggest disappointment was that the screws holding the arms to the frame back themselves out within a day or two of use. We have yet to have one make it all the way out, simply because i keep having to screw them back in. I am sure some loctite may do the trick, but that should have to be done. They are a decent pair of shades if you are willing to deal with the poorly engineered glasses arms, but it would be hard to recommend them simply because their must be other sunglasses out there that you won't run the risk of falling apart after short term use.