Kayland Women's Zephyr Lightweight Hiking Boots
Can't decide which boots are right for the trip? Stop wondering and start hiking with the Kayland Zephyr Lightweight Hiking Boots - Women's, winner of the 2009 Backpacker Editors' Choice Award. This supportive, grippy, stable, light-weight, waterproof, and durable boot will blow you away. Designed for easy trekking and mountain walks, the Zephyr is lightweight and moves safely over any terrain.
- Material: Breathable abrasion resistant textile upper with injected cage outer frame
- Abrasion resistant toe and heel rand for added protection
- eVENT® Cocona lining for moisture-wicking and breathability
- eVent® fabrics consist of a patented waterproof membrane that also protects you from wind. Its unique composition allows millions of tiny pores to breathe at their full potential. Sweat vents directly to the outside of the fabric in one easy step. The patented fabric keeps water out without blocking those millions of tiny pores that let the sweat out
- Cocana Natural Technology is an activated carbon derived from coconut shells. This material is superior to other materials because of its extreme hardness and extensive and uniform pore structure. No other activated carbon absorbs moisture better. Activated carbon made from coconut shells undergoes Cocona's patented process and is then extruded into man-made fiber. Kayland® chooses coconut activated carbon because it is a recycled, sustainable material. Cocana Natural Technology provides uv protection, evaporative cooling and comfort, while being odor resistant
- Light insole and V-K midsole provide cushion and long-wear comfort
- Active Last. Kayland® believes the fit of a shoe begins with the form and design of the last. Kayland® lasts are a replica of the human foot, around which the upper is stretched to give the boot its internal shape. For nearly 40 years, Kayland® has taken feedback from male and female athletes and mountaineers to develop a range of lasts to ensure an optimal combination of fit and performance
- Lightweight and durable Vibram® Mars outsole provides comfort and shock absorption
- Weight: 18.00 oz.
Purchase the Kayland Zephyr Lightweight Hiking Boots for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- November 5 2011
I took these on a 7 mile day hike right out of the box and I experienced no discomfort whatsoever. I went up hills, down hills, through mud, and over very rocky terrain. The whole time, my feet were dry and comfy. These boots are just great and I love the blue color. Anyone who hikes often, especially over rocks or in wet weather, needs a pair of Zephyrs.
- October 21 2011
Just as described
Got these this spring for a hike/snowboard at tuckermans. Were comfy right out of the box and i was fine hiking all weekend. Nice and light to carry down in my pack. Waterproof through the slush. I got size 7 my normal size, and seemed to fit true to size/ as expected. My foot tends to be a little wide and it was fine. Just need to go hiking more!
- May 9 2011
These boots rock
These boots are awesome! They are super light weight and will be perfect for my alaskan get-away. I would recommend them to anyone. They have to be broken in, like any boots but overall they are very comfy
- May 10 2011
They run quite narrow so if you have wider feet they are not for you.They look the same as in the picture tall boot ,and it has a very stiff sole which will be good for rocks.