Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
New for 2011! With a bright shell design, the Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag from Kelty alludes the feeling of warmth. Perfect for a winter backpacking trip, the Cosmic Down 0 retains warmth exceptionally well due to the insulated draft tube, hood and collar baffles.
- Material: Shell - 50D polyester taffeta
- Liner material: 50D polyester taffeta
- Insulation: 550-fill-power down
- Slant-baffle construction
- Full baffle collar
- Insulated hood baffle
- 3/4-length, two-way locking zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Internal liner loops
- Sleeping pad security loops
- Hang loops for storage
- FatMan and Ribbon™ drawcords
- Captured cordlock
- Ground-level side seams prevent heat from escaping
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth
- Stuff sack included
- Shape: Mummy
- Temp Rating: 0° / -18°C
- Fits: regular - to 6’ / 183 cm, long - to 6’6” / 198 cm
- Length: regular - 78” / 198 cm, long – 84” / 213 cm
- Shoulder girth: regular - 62” / 157 cm, long - 64” / 163 cm
- Stuffed diameter: regular - 9" / 23 cm, long - 9" / 23 cm
- Stuffed length: regular - 17" / 43 cm, long - 17" / 43 cm
- Fill weight: regular - 34 oz. / 0.95 kg, long - 36 oz. / 1.01 kg
- Total weight: regular - 3 lb. 11 oz. / 1.65 kg, long - 3 lb. 14 oz. / 1.74 kg
Purchase the Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 3 2012
Great price point and value
Even though the down is 550- fill (rather than 650) it is very well made with a durable outer shell and functions extremely well. It is not to heavy for extreme weight sensitive restrictions on long 4-7 day backpacking trips but seems ideal for 3 season and winter weekend trips or for car camping. The baffel design is well made to keep drafts out and the hood works well. I just received it and have only used it a few times since Christmas but the overall craftsmanship and good loft should prove it to be a durable sleeping bag with proper care and storage between trips. I intend to purchase a liner that will help maintain the inner shell of the bag and provide a little help for added warmth in the coldest sub 0 Appalachian winters. The distinctive cosmic blaze design even looks warm and assures that you'll not confuse it with any other bag belonging to friends. Cannot beat this bag on value for price.
- March 11 2011
I am a little over 6 foot, under 200lbs and this bag is a little short and narrow for my liking. Although if you like a tight fit this bag would work. Otherwise I recommend this bag to individuals around or under 6ft 180lbs. Good value for the weight and the quality. I have never field tested this item, these observations are out of the bag.