Kelty LumaTwist Light
The perfect light for after dark around camp or as an emergency flashlight in the house, youll never be disappointed in the Kelty LumaTwist Light. This weather resistant LED light is made from durable plastic and aluminum, puts out up to 140 lumens and lasts up to 105 hours. The 3 step switch for variable intensity and pivoting light panels mean youll be able to light up any area with the Luma Twist Light from Kelty.
- Primary Shell Material: Impact Resistant ABS Plastic
- Lens Material: Impact and Scratch Resistant Polycarbonate
- Handle Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Lights: 26 5mm Nichia LEDs
- Direct Pivot Technology: 2 swivel LED panels fold out and rotate 360 degrees
- Watts: 2.6
- Weather resistant
- 3-step Switch: two panels, one panel, off
- Batteries: 4 D, not included
- Burn time: 42 hours (high), 105 hours (low)
- Readable light area beam: 50 ft, 15.2 m
- Usable light area beam: 80 ft, 24.4 m
- Lumen output: 140 (maximum), 80 (minimum)
- Dimensions: height 6 in, 15.5 cm x width 4 in, 10 cm x depth 4 in, 10 cm
- Weight (w/o batteries): 20.8 oz, 590 g
Purchase the Kelty LumaTwist Light from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- May 24 2011
Very useful lighting!
The pivoting panels is reason enough to purchase this light. I recently used it for a 5 night kayak camping trip and am extremely pleased with it. I found it to be very handy to be able to focus a good amount of light in any direction I needed. We ended the trip at night so I put the light on the roof of my SUV and turned one panel in the direction of the kayaks and the other panel at the trailer which aided a great deal in loading all of our gear. It's not perfect but it's by far my favorite light to date. My only criticism is that the panels don't feel like they can take much abuse. I felt like I had to be extra careful packing it to make sure nothing would put too much pressure on them. They may be tougher than they feel and I'm sure that in time I will find out. With 4 D batteries it's not lite but its perfect in terms of weight for most of my use. And because of the 4 D's you will have light for a long trip without having to bring spares. I can see myself using this around the house too. Overall a verfy clever design that provides good light where you want it for a pretty long time.
- March 23 2011
LumaTwist Light, at first glance.
Got this light for my annual tent-camping trip. I've just tested it at home, and I think it is impressive. Very nicely designed, as you can flex the 2 light panels separately in any direction. The lamp folds up nicely into a square. It takes 4 D batteries, so it is not suitable in size or weight for backpacking. My only gripe is that I wish it had a higher lumen-count, say about 250 or so. I like to really light the cabin tent up at night, and this light may be just a touch dim for that. Very cool light, tech-wise.