Kelty Sunshade (Large)
Whether you're headed to the beach or the sunny side of the park, Kelty's large Sunshade has you comfortably covered from bright light and potentially harmful UV rays. This freestanding design features rugged pole sleeves and guyout points for extra stability in windy conditions. The large size has a height of 110 inches, making it easy for most occupants to stand inside. When packed, this large Kelty Sunshade weights 12 lbs and fits into the included 7 x 30 inch stuff sack.
- Model Year: 2011
- Material: 68D Polyester 450mm
- Accommodates four reclining adults
- Poles slide through sleeves for enhanced stability
- Optional guyout points for tying down in breezy conditions
- Adjustable width and height
- Nite Ize® Figure 9™ guyline adjuster
- # of Poles: 3
- Pole Material: Fiberglass
- Floor Area: 50-75 sq ft
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 110 in, 305 x 305 x 279 cm
- Stuff sack dimensions (stuffsack included): 7 x 30 in, 18 x 76 cm
- Packaged Weight: 13 lb, 5.9 kg
- Minimum Weight: 12 lb, 5.4 kg
Purchase the Kelty Sunshade (Large) from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- May 7 2009
Gets the job done
I stumbled on to an excellent deal so I got the large sunshade instead of the medium which supposedly stands up to the wind much better. I'm not disappointed. There's plenty of room underneath for a kitchen table and kit, a lounge or a few chairs, and a cooler. After experimenting with stake locations, I discovered if you guy out all three loops on the windward side at just the right angle it does just fine. The fabric then seems to act like a wing and dive when the breeze comes from beneath and climb when the breeze comes from above. I had it standing up to desert wind gusts of around 35 mph with no trouble at all.