Marmot Aura 2P Tent
The creative utilization of poles in the twoperson Marmot Aura 2P Backpacking Tent helps create an extremely functional and versatile lightweight backpacking tent with a roomy vestibule for wet weather living.
- Outside Gear of the Year Award, 2008
- Capacity: 2 person
- 2 doors
- Floor Area: 30.5 sq ft / 2.8 sq m
- Vestibule Area: 9 sq ft / .84 sq m
- Interior Peak Height: 40"
- Floor Material: 40d Nylon 3000mm
- Body Material: 20D No-Seeum-Net
- Fly Material: 40d Nylon R/s Sil/PU 1800mm W/R, F/R
- 4 poles, DAC NSL material
- Minimum Weight: 4lb 1oz / 1.8 kg
- Maximum Weight: 4lb 7oz / 2.13kg
- Bare Bones Setup Allows the Fly to be Used by Itself with Footprint to Make a Lightweight, Sturdy Shelter
- Catenary Cut Floor Fully Waterproof Floor with Taped Seams Lifted Off the Ground
- Knees Pole System The Ability to Increase Internal Space Without Adding Weight
- No Drip Walls
- Optional Footprint Extra Protection Under Your Tent or for Bare Bones Setup
- Optional Gear Loft Like Adding an Attic to Your Tent
- Stake Tape™ Stake Tape
- Vertical Side Wall
Purchase the Marmot Aura 2P Tent from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- July 8 2011
Just purchased this tent for a seven day backpacking trip on the Long Trail. Was looking for a lightweight tent, but one that had decent room inside. The Aura 2P was a great choice. Had to get the pole system down, but after that, it's very easy to set up. Easy to pack up. Light to carry. Held up well to some decent rain and kept us warm on a cool night. Great ventilation on the warmer nights. Only thing I might want to work on is how to pack it smaller.. However, it fits easily on the side of the pack.
- June 18 2010
A whole new meaning to sleeping under the stars...
If you are looking for tent that is on the light-end, durable, roomy, and extremely weather resistant, this tent is the one! The dome itself is completely comprised of fine mesh that keeps the bugs and critters out without altering your view; so when the weather's right you can toss off that rainfly and get a full 360 degree view of the night sky...without being carried off by the mosquitoes! The tent-pole system is a uni-setup, which is convenient...once you actually have mastered the ability to set it up as it can be very confusing at first. The addition of side grommets on the tent where 2 ends of the tent poles attach, pull out the walls of the dome to give you additional room inside. I purchased without the footprint, and even through torrential downpour and snowstorms, she held strong without leaks. This tent has been through hell and back and still going strong. A great all around value.