Marmot Men's Tamarack Component Jacket
As weatherproof and durable as the Marmot Tamarack Shell Jacket, the Marmot Men's Tamarack Component Jacket comes with a removable thermal R liner jacket to insulate you against the cold. You get 3 jackets in 1 with this zip-in compatible winter coat. Wear the waterproof, breathable shell alone, zip in the synthetic insulated liner jacket for more warmth or wear the classy liner jacket by itself for aprs ski trips into town or for warmth on a summer backpacking trip. PitZips on the outer jacket vent heat if an uphill climb has you sweating while a powder skirt and a removable storm hood keep the snow out as you slice and dice the deep powder on the downhill side. Pockets are water-resistant and plentiful to stash small essentials and a DriClime lined chin guard is soft against your stubble. Reinforcement panels on the elbows help you brush past tree branches without ripping through your ski jacket and Angel-Wing Movement gives your arms full mobility without exposing your belly. Make tight turns through the trees on your skis or snowboard in the stylish and versatile Marmot Tamarack Component Jacket for men.
- Shell jacket main material: MemBrain®10 2L 100% nylon 4.7 oz/yd
- Shell jacket main material: MemBrain® 2L 100% nylon 4.0 oz/yd
- Shell jacket lining material: 100% polyester embossed water resistant 1.3 oz/yd
- Liner jacket main material: 100% nylon mini ripstop DWR 1.6 oz/yd
- Liner jacket lining material: 100% nylon water resistant 1.3 oz/yd
- Marmot MemBrain® waterproof/breathable fabric
- 100% seam taped 2-layer construction
- Zip-off storm hood with laminated brim
- PitZips™ underarm zips that extend into the body for aggressive venting
- Water resistant zip chest pocket
- Water resistant sleeve pocket
- Zippered handwarmer pockets lined with soft fabric to warm hands
- Reinforced elbow
- Removable thermal R liner jacket
- Gripper elastic powder skirt keeps out the snow
- Internal mesh storage pocket
- HD brushed tricot collar and shoulder lining
- Elastic draw cord hem
- DriClime® lined chin guard
- Angel-Wing Movement™ allows full range of motion in arms so jacket doesn't ride up
- Center back length: 29 in, 73.7 cm (size medium)
- Weight: 3 lb 2.3 oz, 1426 g
Purchase the Marmot Tamarack Component Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 15 2012
Best of all
This handsome and well-designed jacket I bought for my husband has great features, including ample zippered outside and inside pockets, removable hood, and an inside layer that really does look great on its own. It's really hard to find well-fitting clothing for someone of below-average height and a small build, and the fit on the small is even better than I'd hoped for. After looking at sizing charts and descriptive details, and consulting with a live chat person, I still needed additional info about my options when I called to place the order. Once again, the folks at Altrec steered me right. Best of all, as soon as my husband put it on, he declared it the best birthday present he'd ever received. And now that he's worn it to the slopes, I can say the same.
- January 26 2012
I really like the quality of this jacket, durability, etc. But, the color is not a true black. This feels more like a deeper navy color. I have several Marmot pieces, and they have all outlasted and exceeded my expectations. Altrec always has the best deals, and I really like the "model" videos.