Metolius Ultralight Curve Nut Package
Metolius calls their Curve Nut "the backbone of any gear climber's rack"; a worthy accolade when you consider the multitude of placement advantages over old style nuts. By modifying the standard wedge design Metolius set up a natural triangulation (three points of contact with the rock) between the Curve Nut and virtually any crack.
Each Metolius Curve Nut has a side that uses a constant angle taper, which helps you visually determine solid placement. The horizontal curves across the two faces of the piece allow the nut to naturally accommodate the inward or outward flare commonly encountered in most cracks.
- By attaching the cable directly to the nut and eliminating the swage we have made these 30% lighter than the competition
- Anodized heads and collars are color-coded to match our cam colors
- Combines the stability of 3-point contact with the ease of a straight-sided taper
- CNC technology for optimized shape
- Side-to-side curve for greater stability in flaring placements
- Straight-sided taper makes it easy to judge placement quality
- 7075-T6 aluminum (sizes #1-#5) 6061-T6 aluminum (sizes #6-#10)
- CE/UIAA certified
- Hand built, inspected and individually tested to 1/2 its rated strength in Bend, Oregon
- Pre-packaged set of all 10 Curve Nuts
- Includes comprehensive instruction on use, care and maintenance
Purchase the Metolius Ultralight Curve Nut Package from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- September 18 2009
Best quality, reputation & quick ID
I did several hours of research before buying these. I read reviews by respected climbers that were published both online and in climbing/mountaineering magazines. Metolius have a long, respected history of excellent engineering and safety and being relatively new to trad climbing I wanted the best and safest. I love that there's no wire looping over the end of the nut like Black Diamond etc. Metolius are the first I believe that integrate the wire permanently into the nut. I love the colors that aid quick ID, especially when I'm climbing at my limit. I plan on also purchasing Metolius hex and cam sets with matching colors for this reason and also because they have fantastic reviews amid respected climbers.