Metolius Ultralight TCU
Designed for great performance when alpine, aid or free climbing, the Metolius Ultralight TCU mini cam is lightweight and has a narrow head width that allows it to fit where other cams won't. Built with a Range Finder feedback system, the Ultralight TCU is easier and safer to place and the U-shaped, stainless steel body provides greater durability than single-stem units and unparalleled control during placement and retraction. Sold one at a time; choose one size from 00-4; all sizes may not be in stock.
- World's best selling mini-cam
- 7075 T-6 aluminum CNC machined for much greater precision than stamped or extruded cams
- Color-coded sewn slings and tubing
- Narrow head width for the most placement options
- Direct Axle Technology™ (DAT™) makes Ultralight TCUs the lightest cams units in the world
- DAT allows for more placement options in shallow, narrow, or bottoming placements
- DAT makes tricky placements easier due to better cam lobe visibility, especially in the small sizes
- 13 mm Dyneema slings are lighter and less bulky
- Ranger Finder tells you at a glance if you've chosen the right size cam for the placement
- Optimized cam angle for more outward force
- Wider cam faces for more grip
- U-shaped body for greater durability & unparalleled control during placement and retraction
- CE/UIAA certified
- Hand built, inspected and individually tested to 1/2 rated strength in Bend, Oregon
- Choose one of six sizes (00-4):
- Size 00: gray; dimensions 0.34-0.47 in; strength 5 kN; weight 1.4 oz
- Size 0: purple; dimensions 0.39-0.59 in; strength 5 kN; weight 1.5 oz
- Size 1: blue; dimensions 0.49-0.71 in; strength 8 kN; weight 1.8 oz
- Size 1: yellow; dimensions 0.62-0.89 in; strength 10 kN; weight 2.0 oz
- Size 3: orange; dimensions 0.74-1.04 in; strength 10 kN; weight 2.1 oz
- Size 4: red; dimensions 0.93-1.32 in; strength 10 kN; weight 2.4 oz
Purchase the Metolius Ultralight TCU from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- April 5 2011
Light weight, smooth operation, range finding marks are very useful for newbies. Everyone needs a few of these on their rack. Its a classic design at a great price.
- October 1 2009
Really light, easy to use.
These cams are the lightest out there. I can hardly tell its in my hand. The U-shaped stem is great too, for the single finger/thumb placements. If you're in a tight spot, or the cam gets stuck kinda deep, the metal trigger is durable and small enough to be pulled with a nut tool, making it super easy to remove. You should definitely get a few of these to fill out your small gear rack.
- April 9 2009
GREAT PRICE, GREAT CAM
As mentioned in the description "the U-shaped... body provides... unparalleled control during placement and retraction." In laymen terms, you can pull the trigger back with only one finger on the outside of the U or the middle, unlike single stem cams (two finger min). It's real nice if you're in a weird positions trying to finagle it into or out of place. No plastic parts either (i.e. trigger), which means more durable. They're perfect for a normal parallel crack, but I'd recommend C3s for anything smaller than blue for the narrow head and strength. Did I mention they're light (for a cam)?