Mountain Boy Sledworks Royal Flyer Sled
"For many people, this is the perfect sled -- the same design as our Classic Flyer, but built with some of the most beautiful wood imaginable. We use highly figured maple, sanded smooth and hand-rubbed with a lead-free, marine-grade finish. The sled is perfect on a wall, and even better on a good steep hill. Stainless steel hardware is used throughout, and the powder-coated metal runners have extra-strong ""knees"" (the bent-metal parts that connect the runners to the sled). The patent-pending double-pivot design gives fabulous turning power, even on slick ice. The Royal Flyer is hand-made in our Silverton workshop in limited quantities; each is signed and numbered by the sledmaker.Measures 52"L x 24" W x 5" H, 16 lbs. Weight limit: 300 lbs. Age range: 3 years & up."
- This beautiful wooden sled is handmade in Silverton, Colorado, and is signed and numbered by the sledmaker
- Curly maple deck and willow handrails have 3 coats of marine-grade polyurethane; all bolts are stainless steel
- Extra-strong runners of powder-coated steel are designed to handle the toughest sledding
- Patent-pending double-pivot design gives you far more turning power than on a traditional Flexible Flyer
- Adult assembly required.
- Measures 52"L x 24"W x 5"H.
- Personalize your sled with hand engraving. (Limt 10 characters. Please put the name you would like in the "Message Box" during check out - keep in mind to be 'Cap Sensitive' went entering in the name.)
Purchase the Mountain Boy Sledworks Royal Flyer Sled from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- March 24 2009
What can you say? Its hand made in the US!, its a great ride, and the company will back it up. Its a beauty and we'll keep it forever. Well worth the expense to get a handmade, local product.