Mountain Hardwear Ghost SL -40 Degree Sleeping Bag
Nearly impervious to weather, the Ghost SL is designed for Arctic, Himalayan, and Antarctic expeditions. It is our most hardcore, cold temperature bag. Mountain Hardwears exclusive weldedbaffle construction and moisture shedding Conduit SL shell aid insulation and wind resistance. Ghosts roomy cut provides room for dressing / undressing, or for extra comfort when youre waiting out a storm at base camp.
- Temp Rating: -40°F / -40°C
- 800-Fill Goose Down insulation
- Slightly wider mummy cut
- 800-fill down insulation provides outstanding lightweight warmth and loft
- Conduit SL shell is waterproof, breathable, windproof, durable and lightweight
- Patented welded baffle construction eliminates needle holes in shell fabric, yielding a waterproof construction and protecting the down from external moisture.
- Laminated, double external zipper flaps keep water out
- 5" baffle spacing keeps down carefully controlled for even, predictable loft
- Six-chamber hood design maintains even loft around head for consistent warmth
- Down-filled face gasket comfortably blocks drafts at the hood opening. Only a slight tightening of the draw cord is required to seal in warmth.
- Ergonomic draft collar blocks the escape of heated air from inside the bag. The two-piece collar drapes naturally over neck and shoulders creating a soft comfortable seal. Two draw cords can snug down as needed to secure the collar.
- Two small pockets above collar provide storage for small items
- Double draft tubes along zipper prevent cold spots
- Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for maximum warmth and comfort
- Storage sack and stuff sack included
- Shell Material: Nylon Ripstop SL
- Lining Material: 30D Nylon Taffeta
- Length: 78in / 198.12cm
- Shoulder girth: 63in / 160cm
- Foot Girth: 39in / 99cm
- Fill Weight: 42.3oz / 1200.8g
Purchase the Mountain Hardwear Ghost SL -40 Degree Sleeping Bag from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 7 2011
Enjoy a good night of sleep anywhere!
The Ghost is a marvelous, very warm sleeping bag. Its outer shell keeps your away from humidity and the excellent down filling makes the bag feel like an oven as soon as you slip in it, even on a frigid night. A very good bag for high altitude mountaineering, I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to look at the stars from high above the clouds while keeping heart and feet warm!
- August 28 2007
LOVE THIS BAG!!!!
This is one of the best sleeping bags I have ever purchased. I have spent many winter camping nights in this bag on and off mountains. Due to the laser seams it doesn't have any cold spots, the conduit fabric wicks moisture very well, and it has kept me warm and dry. This bag is worth it's weight in gold!!!
- February 5 2007
I love my Ghost Sleeping Bag.
I stayed nice & warm on our last expedition to Aconcagua, and my Ghost was put to the test many nights with raging winds and blowing snows. The Conduit coating also kept the moisture out and me nice & dry. I am only 5'3" so I would have liked a shorter bag as I found cool air creeping in to the extra space near my feet. Also it would be great if there was some way to make the zipper easier to do up as it always seem to get caught in the material. Other than that though I wouldn't trade my Ghost for anything!