Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 Tent
The Hammerhead 3 Tent is Mountain Hardwears best selling camping tent for warm weather. The Hammerhead is a free-standing, three person tent with a neat, convertible roof panel that opens to reveal the stars, and two huge vestibules for storage. Footprint sold separately.
- Material: 68D Polyester Ripstop DWR;20D Nylon Knit Mesh, (100% polyester);(100% nylon)
- TentFloor: 70D Nylon Taffeta 3000mm PU, (100% nylon)
- FlyFabric: 75D Polyester Taffeta 1500mm PU, (100% polyester)
- Reinforcement: 68D Polyester Ripstop, 2x callendared, DWR, FR. (100% polyester)
- Upated for Spring 2011 with fully removable zip out panel that takes 4 ounces off the trail weight
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors. Rain room tested with 1200" of rain in 24 hours
- Atlas 7001 pole system is strong, lightweight, durable, resistant to corrosion and dents, and easy to service by hand in the field
- Pitch Light configuration allows user to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles and footprint (sold separately)
- Proprietary Evolution Tension Arch stabilizes tent using fewer poles
- Large mesh area for maximum ventilation when needed; can be covered with zippered roll-back sky panel for warmth and privacy
- Two adjustable vents in fly sheet for air circulation
- High ceiling for extra head room
- Two large canopy doors with dual slider zippers for easy entry
- Reflective starter point, guy-out loops and zipper pulls for easy set-up at night
- Superlight 1/4" buckles and webbing reduce tent weight
- Color coded pole loops for easy set up
- Capacity: 3
- Doors: 2
- Vestibules: 2
- Usage: Three-Season Backpacking / Camping
- Pole Num: 3
- Poles: 7001 PF
- Tent Pole Diameter: 9
- Interior Peak: 54"; 137 cm
- Floor Area: 32 sq. ft.; 3.0 m2
- Vestibule Area: 11 sq. ft. 1.0 m2
- Packed Diameter: 7"; 19 cm
- Packed Length: 23"; 58 cm
- Pack Weight: 8 lb. 1 oz.; 3.66 kg.
- Pitch Light Weight: 6 lb. 9 oz.; 2.98 kg.
- Weight: 7 lb. 7 oz.; 3.36 kg.
Purchase the Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 3 Tent from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- April 3 2011
Best three season tent for me!
I just received this tent recommended by Rob on the Altec staff and my three member family put it to use immediately. We live in an area that can be chilly, windy, rainy and also hot and humid. This tent came without adequate instructions and explanations but the tent is absolutely terrific. I have spent hundreds of nights in the "great outdoors" and used a large variety of tents. This tent is spacious, easy to set up and extremely well designed for ease of use and pleasure of camping. Absolutely outstanding ventilation with the ability to enjoy looking at the stars and protection from rain when needed. I wish there had been such a tent as this when I first began camping. The material quality and construction appears to be first rate but I cannot speak about lasting durability yet because I have not had this tent very long. However, I am hopeful my expectation that it will last a very long time proves to be true.
- August 23 2008
I am very happy with this tent. Stood up to 3 days of rain dry as a bone. Fit 3 people just fine with space for gear. The closeable windows are great for privacy or controlling ventilation. True mountian hardware quality.
- August 3 2005
Big Tent for Big Guys
This tent is extremely well-constructed and pretty light, given its size.True Mountain Hardware quality. Easy to set up and an amazing array of windows, zippers, etc. This is very comfortable and unlike most "3-man" tents, you could actually sleep 3. But at 6'4" I like some room and headroom and its perfect for two people who need that. My only complaint is that there is no real vestibule for cooking or heating water on crappy days, or before you head out.
- July 13 2005
I really like my tent, I'm very happy Thank you very much for your service.