Mountain Hardwear Lamina 0 Degree Sleeping Bag
Ski touring in cold, damp conditions call for the Mountain Hardwear Lamina 0 Degree Sleeping Bag. This mummy bag is generously cut for more comfort and room without sacrificing warmth. Stuffed with Thermic Micro insulation, Mountain Hardwear uses welded Lamina construction to enhance loft and eliminate cold spots. The durable nylon shell is treated with DWR to help repel moisture that condenses over night from dew or your breath while the soft polyester lining inside helps wick away moisture to keep the clamminess at a minimum. Warmth-enhancing features include a face gasket and a draft-blocking tailored hood, a comfort footbox so your feet can rest in a natural position instead of being forced into a pointy-toed angle by the weight of the bag, and an internal zippered pocket at the shoulder to keep your watch, headlamp or cell phone handy in the darkness of a winter snow cave.
- Temp Rating: 0 degrees F
- Insulation: synthetic; Thermic Micro™
- Shell material: Nylon 40D Micro Ripstop
- Lining material: 40D Polyester Taffeta
- Shape: Comfort Mummy Cut
- Comfort mummy cut efficiently maximizes weight without constriction
- Patent-pending, welded Lamina™ construction enhances loft and eliminates cold spots
- Thermic Micro™ fill is soft, lofty, compressible, and durable
- Durable, lightweight nylon shell with DWR treatment repels water
- Soft polyester lining wicks away moisture
- Full length #8 zipper with double sliders for versatile ventilation
- Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for maximum warmth and comfort
- Face gasket and tailored hood comfortably block drafts at the hood opening and seal in warmth
- Internal zippered pocket at shoulder for storage
- Nylon compression stuff sack and mesh storage bag included
- Fits up to: 5 ft 6 in (short), 6 ft (regular), 6 ft 6 in (long)
- Inside length: 72 in, 213 cm (short); 78 in, 198 cm (regular); 84 in, 213 cm (long)
- Shoulder girth: 64 in, 163 cm (regular); 66 in, 168 cm (long)
- Foot girth: 36 in, 91 cm (short); 38 in, 97 cm (regular); 40 in, 102 cm (long)
- Hip girth: 58 in, 147 cm (regular); 60 in, 152 cm (long)
- Weight: 3 lb 12 oz, 1.69 kg (regular)
Purchase the Mountain Hardwear Lamina 0 Degree Sleeping Bag from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- June 28 2011
Great bag - stayed warm in Everest ABC
I did a lot of research for a warm, lightweight, synthetic fill bag for a trek to Tibet this past spring. I was very pleased with this Lamina bag and used it for 10 days on the north side of Everest hiking from Chinese Base Camp to ABC and back. The fit was roomy enough to allow me to put some clothes, my camera and headlamp in the bag with me. The best thing about this Lamina was that it kept me warm at all altitudes. My bedtime outfit was synthetic long underwear, wool socks and a knit cap - it was sometimes too warm. I checked durability at 4 out of 5 because I've only used the bag on one trek, but it held up well. It wasn't too heavy and it packed down to a good size with the included stuff sack.
- June 23 2008
So plush, cushy, roomy & warm, although not the lightest.
A great bag overall. I use it backpacking and camping. I was too cold in my NorthFace Cats Meow (20'bag). Had to get a new bag to sleep well.