Mountain Hardwear Men's Heracles Gloves
Designed for long days on the snow, the sleek, close-fitting Men's Heracles Gloves from Mountain Hardwear combine tough 4-way stretch nylon softshell with Thermic Micro insulation for extra warmth. Fully laminated with OutDry Waterproof Technology for exceptional protection, we bond the waterproof, breathable OutDry membrane to a tough 4-way stretch Nylon shell, sealing out water, wind, and cold. Pigskin leather fingers and palm and 1000D Cordura resist abrasion.
- Material: 4-Way Stretch Nylon Softshell ,(92% nylon, 8% elastane) ,Thermic Micro ,OutDry® Waterproof Technology
- Lining: Polyester Microfleece(100% polyester)
- Palm: Water-resistant Pigskin100% Pigskin
- OutDry® Waterproof Technology: extremely waterproof, totally windproof. The OutDry® membrane is directly bonded to the glove's outer shell, eliminating the ability for wind and water to penetrate through the sewn seams of the shell, keeping hands warmer.
- Extreme Precurve patterning with Kevlar stitching provides unprecedented fit and dexterity
- 4-way stretch nylon soft shell fabric offers a snug, flexible fit
- Durable water-resistant pigskin palm and fingers
- High pile polyester fleece lining for extra warmth
- Thermic Micro insulation at the back of the hand
- Short, close fitting stretch gauntlet is low profile for a comfortable under the cuff fit
- Pull-on webbing loop at wrist
- Weight: 6 oz.; 170 g.
Purchase the Mountain Hardwear Heracles Gloves for Men from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- January 24 2012
I was really intrigued by MH's OutDry technology and wanted to try a pair of their gloves equipped with them. SIZING: I ended up purchasing a Small pair based on their MH's sizing chart. I was a perfect match in finger length, but a slightly larger (1/2") in hand width. Finger dexterity is hugely important to me so I took a chance full well knowing it would be a snug fit. What I hadn't accounted for is the lack of stretch in the wrist area when putting the gloves on. These gloves are designed to slip under whatever insulation or shell layer you are wearing as opposed to fitting over the top. As a result of this the first week or so that I used the gloves they were slightly difficult to get, so much so I had worries about the pull loop lasting. But after a week of use and some sessions of balling my fist in the glove throat they are a perfect fit now. For the TL;DNR crowd: Sizing is true, use the sizing chart. If you are 1/2" larger than a measurement seriously consider not moving up a size, as they will break in and stretch with use. As gloves will likely be too big. WARMTH: I bought these gloves to replace a worn pair of TNF Denali gloves (single layer fleece, not a direct competitor to the Heracles). When worn while snow blowing my driveway (60 min duration) my fingers would be ice cold and numb from gripping the poorly insulated metal handles of the blower. However, with the Heracles glove my hands were completely comfortable and did not require a single break to warm up my fingers. DURABILITY: Seems to be a well made glove with quality materials and more importantly, stitching. Time will only tell how well they hold up. But for light duty use, I think they will last several years if not more.