Mountain Safety Research PocketRocket Stove
Lightweight and compact in the pack but providing backcountry hikers and climbers with efficient canister fuel cooking in the wilderness, the MSR PocketRocket Stove has already won Readers Choice awards from Backpacker Magazine. This tiny, 3 oz backpacking stove is threaded to fit an MSR IsoPro fuel canister (80/20 blend of isobutane and propane), giving you 60 minutes of flame from 8 ounces of fuel thats enough to boil 16 liters of water in optimum conditions. Super easy to use, just turn on the gas and light it with no pumping, priming or cleaning out the fuel line. Flame control is easy thanks to a glove-friendly adjustment valve and a Windclip wind shield protects the flame and boosts this canister stoves efficiency. Perfect for ultralight backpacking or as part of an emergency kit, this MSR stove delivers dependable, easy-to-use fire and fits in the palm of your hand.
- The PocketRocket stove tied with the MSR WhisperLite stove as Backpacker Magazine Readers’ choice for the best camping stove in 2005
- Three-section Windclip™ wind shield protects flame and boosts efficiency
- Easy-to-adjust valve for simplified control -- cook with gloves on!
- MSR IsoPro gas canisters sold separately
- No need for priming, pressurizing, or maintenance
- Performance at sea level in 70F conditions:
- Burn time (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g / 8-oz. canister: Appx. 60 minutes
- Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter: 3.5 minutes
- Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g canister: 16 liters
- Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 1 oz of fuel: 2 liters
- Made in Korea
- Dimensions: 4 x 2 x 2 in, 10.2 x 5 x 5.1 cm
- Minimum configured weight: 3 oz, 86 g
- Minimum Weight: 3 oz, 85 g
- Packaged weight: 4.2 oz, 126 g
Purchase the Mountain Safety Research PocketRocket Stove from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 31 2011
A must for backpacking.
Lightweight, durable and easy to pack. No one should go without one of these bad boys. Many back-country spots in Utah do not allow campfires and you'll need a lightweight alternative to cook meals, this is that alternative. Also when backpacking in winter sometimes fuel for camp fires is not available or too wet to get a good fire going. The MSR camp stove is perfect for all cooking needs in the back-country or just in the foothills .
- August 17 2011
Tiny but powerful!
This stove is amazing. It's small and lightweight yet packs a punch. I was impressed by how fast it boiled water. I used it for a weekend and still had fuel left over. It fits neatly into the camp pots for it so it's easy to pack.
- July 29 2011
It really is a small and powerful appliances!
It really is a small and powerful appliances! Weight only 86 grams! This little bit of weight is almost negligible! Although very small, but his fire is very fierce! Boil 1 liter of water about 4 minutes or so, is a rare, light weight, firepower outdoor stoves! Importantly, it is cheap! Recommended buy! Very good!
- January 3 2010
My favorite summit stove
The size and weight are just incredible, and it's been quite reliable. The construction is solid and confidence-inspiring. Like most stoves it benefits greatly from some sort of windscreen when used in gusty conditions.
- September 16 2009
They were really helpful and lasted the whole trip. I would recommend these for any camping trip. They were also light in weight and didn't take up much space.