Mountain Safety Research WhisperLite Stove
Twenty years later and the MSR WhisperLite Stove is still a favorite of backcountry hikers, skiers, campers and climbers the world over. This liquid fuel stove has an extremely reliable design with a Shaker Jet self-cleaning valve for simple field maintenance. It may be heavier than ultralight canister stoves out there, but nothing cranks like a whisper light and theres a certain pride that shows in the eyes of those adventurers that have the priming routine mastered. The WhisperLite comes with a windscreen, a heat shield, a small parts kit and a stuff sack. It folds up and bends to fit inside a cook pot, taking up a small amount of space in your pack. Choose which size fuel bottle fits your needs (sold separately) and make sure to carry it outside you pack to avoid leaks. Whether youre replacing your old model that got confiscated by airport security or youre a newbie looking for a tried and true stove for some winter camping, theres nothing like the power of a WhisperLite when it comes to melting snow or boiling water in a jiffy.
- Awards: tied with the MSR Pocket Rocket stove as Backpacker Magazine Readers’ choice for the best camping stove in 2005
- Includes: fuel pump, windscreen, heat reflector, small-parts kit, instructions, and stuff sack (fuel bottle not included)
- Stainless steel and brass construction
- Flexible fuel line folds small and fits in most MSR® pots
- Shaker Jet™ technology and smart engineering allows complete cleaning and maintenance in the field
- Made in Seattle, USA
- Performance tested at sea level in 70F conditions
- Burn time (white gas) per 600 ml / 20 oz of fuel: 136 minutes
- Boil time (white gas), 1 liter: 3.9 minutes
- Water boiled (white gas) per 100 ml of fuel: 5.1 liters
- Water boiled (white gas) per 1 oz. of fuel: 1.5 liters
- Minimum Weight: 11 oz, 305 g
- Packed Weight: 14.5 oz, 410 g
Purchase the Mountain Safety Research WhisperLite Stove from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- October 13 2010
Very nice stove. Works well and boils water fast! Very efficient on fuel too. The legs could be a little easier to use but they work.
- September 28 2010
This stove is very easy to use, ignite and cook on. You can avoid the initial flare up by using Heet to prime it! Otherwise, it is light weight and the 22oz white gas canister I use, easily lasts through a week of cooking. From what I have read, I can expect this stove to last a long time due to it's extreme durability.
- September 10 2010
Fine stove, lights easily and burns hot but quietly.
Altrec went out of their way to get me this stove in time for my trip. Thanks for the great customer service.
- December 2 2009
top of the line ITS GREAT
just the thing i need . Its Great
- November 13 2009
Bomb Proof Backcountry Stove @ a Competitive Price.
The MSR Whisperlite aided myself and two others through a 200 mile trek in the Bridger National Forest. Worked well in every condition thrown at us. It's efficient enough to provide hot breakfast and dinner to three for 10 days with the 30oz. fuel bottle. Rugged and simple design sets up and packs easily when crucial alpine daylight is burning. Altrec has got a sweet price on them especially with the free shipping. Saved at least $20.00.