Mountain Safety Research Dragontail Tent
Well-ventilated and designed to stand up to 4 seasons of weather, the 2 person MSR Dragontail Tent is the perfect shelter for your next expedition. Designed with a hooped shape to shed rain and snow while providing a roomy cavernous space inside the single-walled body, this backpacking tent is ready for 4 seasons of adventure. An overhead ventilation tunnel allows air flow to reduce condensation build up. The Dragontail has 1 door protected by a spacious vestibule, holding even more gear if you dig an entrance hole into the snow. Four internal pockets give you organization options and reflective guy points keep lines visible for nighttime trips to the trees. Roll up this seam-taped, silnylon shelter into a small bundle that will easily fit in your pack for any mountaineering adventure or backcountry ski tour.
- Capacity: 2 person + gear
- # of Doors: 1
- Floor Area: 29 sq ft, 2.69 sq m
- Vestibule Area: 10 sq ft, 0.92 sq m
- Interior Peak Height: 41 in, 104 cm
- Floor Material: 40D x 238T ripstop nylon 6 10000mm polyurethane
- Body Material: 30D x 246T ripstop nylon 66 1500mm polyurethane & silicone coated, 20D nylon mesh
- # of Poles: 3 DAC
- Zippered seal on overhead ventilation tunnel seals out spindrift and new pole clips ease set up
- Four internal pockets
- Multiple reflective guy points
- Made in Taiwan
- Packed Dimensions: 20 in x 7 in, 51 cm x 17 cm
- Body Weight: 3 lb 6 oz, 1525 g
- Frame Weight: 1 lb 6 oz, 623 g
- Minimum Weight: 4 lb 12 oz, 2140 g
- Packed Weight: 5 lb 9 oz, 2534 g
Purchase the Mountain Safety Research Dragontail Tent from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- May 11 2011
I got soaked from the inside. I've tested over a dozen different backpacking tents in the last few years. This one had more condensation than any of them. I left both the top vents open all night and got soaked from condensation. Water was running down the walls and into the floor the next morning. It is easy to setup and has a large vestibule.