Mountain Safety Research Mutha Hubba Tent
The mother of all Hubba Tents, the MSR Mutha Hubba Tent is MSRs best selling freestanding 3-person tent with all the well-loved features of the Hubba Hubba but with a more spacious, livable interior. This 3-season backpacking tent is big but still easy to set up using the lightweight, sturdy aluminum pole hub system. With 3 hoops overhead the interior is roomy with lots of space to sit up in when bad weather keeps you inside with a card game. Mesh walls keep the airflow plentiful all night long while the full coverage fly keeps rain, wind and snow out. The 2 doors are at the head and foot to make it easy for all 3 campers to visit the loo at midnight and the 2 vestibules give you extra space for wet, muddy gear. To save on weight, leave the tent body at home and set it up tarp-style with the fly and footprint (sold separately). Life in the great outdoors is never as comfy as it is when youre camping with a MSR tent.
- Awards: one of only 15 products awarded in 2006 with the prestigious Backpacker Magazine Editors’ Choice Award for outstanding innovation in design, materials and performance
- Capacity: 3
- Number of doors: 2
- Floor area: 40 sq ft, 3.7 sq m
- Vestibule area: 14 sq ft, 1.35 sq m
- Interior peak height: 46 in, 117 cm
- Fly Fabric: 40D x 238T ripstop nylon 6 1500mm Durashield™ polyurethane & silicone coated
- Canopy Fabric: 40D x 238T ripstop nylon 6
- Mesh Type: 20D nylon mesh
- Floor Fabric: 40D x 238T ripstop nylon 6 3000mm Durashield™ polyurethane coated
- # of Poles: 3 DAC
- Unique pole configuration provides maximum interior space, 2 doors, and 2 large vestibules for storing gear or simply enjoying the view - even in nasty weather
- Quick and Easy Setup: Hub system is strong and simple to use
- Can be used as a double-wall tent for full protection or in freestanding tarp-shelter mode with optional footprint (sold separately)
- Stakes: 12
- Made in Taiwan
- Packed size: 18 x 8 in, 46 x 20 cm
- Fly with footprint weight: 5 lbs, 2270 g
- Body weight: 2 lbs, 899 g
- Fly weight: 2 lbs, 899 g
- Frame weight: 2 lbs 4 oz, 1013 g
- Minimum weight: 6 lbs 6 oz, 2880 g
- Packaged weight: 6 lbs 15 oz, 3139 g
Purchase the Mountain Safety Research Mutha Hubba Tent from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- March 9 2010
A Star Performer!!
Used this tent a couple of times while fall camping and it did not disappoint. Quite roomy with good ventilation, MSR tents are well designed and structurally sound. No worries if the weather gets bad, as we experienced some fairly strong winds one night and the Mutha Hubba barely moved!