Nikwax Down Proof Fabric Care 300ml (10 fl oz)
DownProof wash-in treatment reduces the water-absorbency of down and adds water-repellency to the fabric's outer shell. It makes down less susceptible to humidity, helps it dry faster and increases the effectiveness of the insulation in damp conditions by helping the down maintain maximum loft. DownProof may reduce breathability of coated or laminated breathable waterproof fabrics. Sleeping bags should be treated in large capacity, commercial, front loading machines. DO NOT USE A TOP LOADING MACHINE.
- Adds / renews water repellency and revives breathability
- Maintains insulation, keeping you warm
- Minimises weight gain
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises performance in wet weather
- Safe to use on all feather and down garments and equipment
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
- Will not affect cosmetic appearance
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- Guaranteed performance for 4 years from manufacture
Purchase the Nikwax Down Proof Fabric Care 300ml (10 fl oz) from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- May 4 2005
Great for peace of mind!
I used it on my down bag before my winter camping experience in Yosemite. One of those nights was exceptionally cold and the condensation from the tent created a nice, big damp spot on top of my bag, but down was water resistant enough to retain the loft required to keep me comfortable all night long. I do not think I would have been nearly as comfortable had I not used this downproof solution. I remember being surprised at how quickly my order arrived and at how professionally it was packaged, will definitely shop here again.
- August 21 2004
Great waterproofing product for down and fabric
We use as directed with every other laundering ...