NRS Ninja PFD
A low-profile life jacket, the NRS Ninja PFD is perfect for kayakers and boaters with short torsos. It's a compact design that won't interfere with paddling, rowing and swimming.
- Fabric: 500-denier Cordura
- PVC-Free foam flotation panels are soft and shaped to give a comfortable fit
- A side entry, with two quick release buckles, is secure and easy to put on and take off
- Four side adjustments and two shoulder adjustments for a good, custom fit
- The front pocket holds all the essentials and is secured by a quick release buckle
- The floating front panel contours more easily with your body and provides a large handwarming pocket that is oh so nice on chilly days
- The 500-denier Cordura® shell wears like iron while soft neoprene on the inside is oh so comfortable
- Well placed, front lash tab holds your rescue knife
- Entry System: Side entry with quick release buckles
- Pockets: One front with quick release buckle
- Lash Tabs: one, front
- Adjustment System: Four side, two shoulder
- Type & Profile: Type III, low profile
- Design Flotation: 16.5 lbs
Purchase the NRS Ninja PFD from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 9 2010
Good little PFD
I bought this PFD for dingy sailing, frostbiting to be specific. Big appeal for me was the compact size and simplicity. I wanted a type 3 PFD that was small so I didn't get caught on the boom while tacking, and to feel uninhibited while moving in the boat. Bigger jackets can get caught up and lead to a capsize, not fun in the dead of winter. The Ninja meet these needs perfectly haven't been caught up once. The pocket between the two front foam layers is nice place to stuff a hat or gloves into when I need a quick minuet without. I'll keep a snack in the other front pocket on the outside of the jacket. Reminds me a little of the old Lotus designs jacket. Plenty of straps for tweaking. Before I got this jacket I was worried it wouldn't fit because I didn't have a "short torso". I'm pretty average size ; 5'10'' 177 lbs., chest 43''. I got a LG/XLG, fits with plenty of extra room for my layers.
- August 25 2011
Great paddling PFD
I purchased the Ninja PFD to use for kayaking and surf ski racing. My old PFD had a tendancy to ride up near my ears, but no such issue with this well-fitting, low-profile vest. I'm a 5'4" full-figure woman and the medium fits great using the adjustment straps. I also like the "kangaroo" pouch on the front. It's an open pocket, but good for easy access to gloves, energy bars, or to just warm your hands in cold weather. The only recommendation I would make would be to include a mesh pocket on the back to hold a water bladder for long paddles.