NRS RiverMaps Green and Yampa in Dinosaur National Monument
When you're planning a trip on the Green and Yampa Rivers in Dinosaur National Monument, the RiverMaps Green and Yampa in Dinosaur; guidebook is a must have. Describes rapids and camps, plus USGS maps.
- Covers both the 43 miles of the Gates of Lodore to Split Mountain section of the Green River and the 46 miles on the Yampa River's Deerlodge Park put-in to its confluence with the Green Boaters on the Yampa float their final 25 miles on the Green River to the Split Mountain takeout
- RiverMaps guidebooks are made by river runners for river runners
- These large format books are printed on tough synthetic waterproof paper and spiral bound so they lay flat and can take the waves, splash and wear of a river trip
- Opened up, the left side page has mile-by-mile descriptions of major rapids, campsites and features of interest There are also great color photos that illustrate the text
- The right side page features color USGS topographic maps at the scale of 2,000 feet to the inch (1:24,000) There's no better way to keep track of where you are on the river
- But wait, there's more In the front of the book is lots of information about the rivers, the landscape and the flora and fauna
- These front eight pages are chock full of Park Service contact info and regulations, weather, geology, archaeology, history, ecology and resource protection wisdom
- No matter what other resources you have, this guidebook is really an essential tool for enjoying these magnificent river tripsAuthors: Duwain Whitis and Barbara Vinson
- Copyright: 2009
- Size: 9"W x 14"H - Waterproof paper
- Pages: 36
- Map Pages: USGS 75' color topo reproductions
- Scale: 2,000 feet per inch (1:24,000)
Purchase the NRS RiverMaps Green and Yampa in Dinosaur National Monument from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.