NRS Toaster Mitts
Let your fingers snuggle together for warmth in NRS Toaster Mitts. Toaster Mitts are the warmest "glove" we have. Combine that with pre-curved fingers for an easy grip and you have happy paddling.
- Material: 3.5mm RawHide Back of hand, 2.5 mm RawHide palm, TuffTex panel on thumb side of glove
- The 3.5-mm RawHide neoprene on the back of your hands provides superior warmth and protection against cold and evaporative cooling
- Hydrocuffs along with glued and blind stitched seams help seal out water maximizing warmth
- The palm is made of extra-tough 2.5 mm RawHide to maintain a firm paddle grip for improved control and feel
- Soft brushed fleece panels on the backs of the thumbs make great “nose wipe" spots
- Pre-curved finger pocket is designed to keep your grip comfortable on an oar or paddle but flexible enough not to limit your hand’s mobility
- A titanium laminate adhesive layer in the material provides additional protection against heat loss
- Nylon bite tab helps you get your mitt on even when you’re wet and cold
- Elastic adjustment strap holds securely to your wrists
- Pre-curved finger box
- Neoprene fitted cuffs
- Titanium laminate adhesive
- Nylon bite tab
- Elastic hook and loop wrist adjustment
Purchase the NRS Toaster Mitts from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- March 16 2011
warm at last
I kayak all year in puget sound and other western washington waters. I normally use a Greenland paddle so don't use pogies. I used these mittens this winter and they kept my hands nice and warm. Worst conditions paddled in: air temp 28; water temp high 30's (river). In prior years, I used various gloves and none kept my hands as warm as these mittens. I did lose some sense of feel with them on. This loss of feel didn't really impact my ability to paddle / roll but made it hard for me to put on sprayskirt and to know that sprayskirt was, in fact, sealed. So had to take mittens off to put skirt on. But hands warmed up pretty quickly once had mittens on. The opening of the mitten is tight -- a good thing, but makes it a little tough putting the mitten on when wet.
- January 11 2011
Having very poor circulation, I've had difficulty finding kayaking gloves that keep my fingers warm. I tried normal waterproof, and specialty neoprene gloves and had to bail out of a trip early due to numb fingers. These mittens are incredible. My hands stay warm and dry even when my heartrate stays low.
- June 7 2011
Perfect for a cold water rafting trip
These gloves are perfect for cold water/weather rafting. They keep your hands dry and toasty. Fit is true to size if you follow the measurement procedure. Good stuff!