Oakley Splinter Sunglasses
In competition, the world's best athletes lay down lines that no one else can hope to follow. Oakley brings that idea to eyewear, styling it with art that has no equal. The Splinter Sunglasses is a look of street sophistication that takes inspiration from Oakley athletes, and if you look closely, you can see the character of our best sport frames in the sleek sculpture of C-5 alloy. Oakley used that unique blend of five metal compounds to achieve premium durability with low weight, and it's just one reason why SPLINTER earns their metal icons. Even the best style in the world is nothing without comfort, so we designed SPLINTER with custom-engineered spring hinges and added UNOBTAINIUM sleeves to the temples. That way, SPLINTER maintains a secure fit that stays comfortably in place, even when you sweat. The frame makes contact only at the sides of the head and the bridge of the nose, taking full advantage of Oakley's Three-Point Fit that holds the lenses in precise optical alignment. The lenses are made of pure PLUTONITE, a material that filters out 100 of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Ultraviolet light can sneak around the sides of any sunglass lens, so we engineered SPLINTER with 8.75-base lens curvature to maximize protection. Doing that was no simple task because extreme lens contours can affect vision. That's why Oakley invented XYZ OPTICS, a patented technology that maintains visual clarity along the entire lens contour, even in the periphery. Put it all together and you have sunglasses with a level of clarity and impact protection that meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards. This frame is available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses (+2.00 through -3.00 combined power), and other premium options are available. Oakley HDPolarized lenses eliminate 99 of blinding glare without the haze and optical distortion common to ordinary polarized lenses. You can also get IRIDIUM lens coatings that reduce glare while balancing light transmission to give you the best vision possible.
- Ultra-lightweight hi-modulus C-5 metal frame material
- Patented hydrophilic UNOBTAINIUM® earsocks ensure a snug, secure fit
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Custom engineered spring hinge mechanisms for added comfort
- Metal Icon Accents
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Optical precision, performance and impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards
- UV protection of PLUTONITE® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Patented XYZ OPTICS® for maximum clarity at all angles of vision
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium lens coatings (optional)
- Tungsten Iridium Lens: Medium to bright light. Sharpens visual acuity and improves depth perception
- Features a subtle Iridium® coating to reduce glare and tune contrast
- Light Transmission: 15%
- Protection Index: 3
- Conditions: medium to bright light
- Neutral / Contrast: Contrast
- Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses (+2.00 through -3.00 combined power)
Purchase the Oakley Splinter Sunglasses from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- February 2 2011
Perfect Metal Frames
This is my second pair of Oakley Splinters with polarized lenses. I have owned the black frames and now the brown chrome. The lenses in the brown chrome are probably more suited for winter (non snow) conditions. The lenses are not quite as dark as the ones in the black frames. For me they are the perfect fit for driving glasses. You still have great field of view and they are not so dark that your vision is restricted.
- December 9 2010
Bought these for my husband for Christmas. He really loved these sunglasses.
- May 29 2010
Shipping was great - arrived in 3 days
- December 17 2009
very solid construction and good sunlight polarization. very solid pair of sunglasses and great price as well. overall very pleased with original order processing to order fulfillment.
- April 7 2011
I purchased these to use when I golf, and I'm very happy with them. They stay put even during the sweatiest of days and uncontrollable strokes. The detail and quality is excellent; additionally the legs are spring loaded! I purchased a non polarized shade, which I find produces a bit too much glare...so if you can spare the difference for a polarized pair consider doing so!