Osprey Packs Kestrel 28 Daypack
The Kestrel Series provides great looking forward thinking design in a multi-user technical pack. Designed for the outdoor enthusiast looking for a "quiver-of-one" the Osprey Kestrel 28 Daypack pack offers all the features needed for everything from a long trek to quick peak assault. Features include a HDPE foam framesheet, AirScape backpanel with tri-section - ridged foam - central air chimney, along with spacer mesh covered EVA foam torso with adjustable harness. Additional details include hipbelt sewn on zippered pockets, ice axe/gear loops, side compression straps and back mesh stash pouch for this top loading backpack.
- Materials: 420D nylon packcloth, 210 double diamond nylon
- Airscape™ Backpanel with ridged foam, torso adjustable harness and diecut slotted hipbelt
- External hydration pocket holds your Osprey Hydraulics™ Reservoir
- Hipbelt pockets
- Intergrated Raincover: unzip front compartment and pull out raincover
- Reverse StraightJacket™ compression straps on sides
- Stow-On-The-Go™ Trekking Pole Attachment: pull bungee cord at left bottom edge of pack and insert poles
- Stretch woven front pocket
- Tool attachment: secures ice ax, tripods, etc.
- Zippered top pocket
- Ideal Load Range: 25-35 lbs
- Dimensions (length (height) x width x depth): 28 x 13 x 12 in, 70 x 33 x 30 cm (M/L)
- Volume: 1587 cu in, 26 liters (S/M); 1709 cu in, 28 liters (M/L)
- Weight: 2 lbs 9 oz, 1.16 kg (S/M); 2 lbs 11 oz, 1.22 kg (M/L)
Purchase the Osprey Packs Kestrel 28 Daypack from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- December 15 2011
Best quality brand
I bought this backpack for my son. He has used it many times, mostly for weekend hiking trips. The s/m is the perfect size for his 5'6' frame. The integrated rain cover is a great feature and the size #Kestrel 28# is just perfect for weekend trips. I plan to purchase another. Great quality brand and the backpack lived up to our expectations...many years of enjoyment ahead.
- August 24 2011
This is the best pack I have ever bought. Its the perfect size for just a day hike or an overnight excursion. Did I mention its beautiful as well? If you want a superior quality backpack then look no further because the Osprey Kestrel 28 is the answer to your dreams!
- June 19 2011
Great compact pack with great capacity!
This is a really nice day pack. I ordered one for my daughter and now will be replacing my own Osprey day pack with one of these Kestrel 28's as well. The pack has a narrower design which sets it apart from the many of the "school bag" looking daypacks. This not only gives you some room in tight spaces, but gives the pack a more "technical" look and feel.
- May 11 2010
A great pack.
I'm very happy with this pack...adjusted easily to fit me, and is comfortable when hiking. Also there are many handy storage pockets. It's great!
- August 11 2009
The pack was everything I was wanting in a day pack. All the bells and whistles with zero problems with durability. It was also very easy to load, lift and carry. My old bag used to make the hiking more difficult or at least I would get more of a workout from the pack then the hike. No more. Great pack for the price.