Osprey Packs Women's Ariel 65 Backpack
Excellent for summer weekend backpacking trips, the redesigned Osprey Ariel 65 Backpack for women offers an improved female-specific backpack suspension design. For those new to Osprey packs, the Women's Ariel 65 series is the female-oriented counterpart to the Osprey men's Aether series. The Ariel backpacks have a female-specific IsoForm harness and IsoForm CM hipbelt that are specifically designed to fit a women's body far better than any unisex backpacking or mountaineering backpack. The Ariel 65 has three load access points--including a J-Zip front panel entry--for easy accessibility at camp or during rest breaks. A dual-zipper wide mouth opening gives you access to a sleeping bag compartment and a drop-down divider that separates your sleeping bag from cooking components and clothing. The Women's Ariel 65 backpack is AddOn compatible, so you can attach an Osprey day pack (sold separately) to the pack exterior to add room for extra essentials or as a lunch pack for day excursions after you reach your destination.
- Fabric: 210-denier nylon block shadow, 420-denier nylon pack cloth, 500-denier Plain weave nylon Oxford, stretch woven nylon
- AirScape suspension consisting of a single 7075 aluminum stay, internal HDPE framesheet and a covering of ventilated nubbed foam and mesh grip
- Women's IsoForm shoulder harness with dual density foam and Spacer Mesh surface
- Women's IsoForm custom moldable hipbelt
- Convertible top pocket/lumbar pack
- Osprey AddOn™ compatible (day pack accessories sold separately)
- Hydration pack compatible (hydration components sold separately)
- InsideOut™ compression straps
- J-Panel zipper access
- Red internal compression strap
- Sleeping pad straps
- Tool attachment options
- Dimensions: 33.5 in x 17.5 in x 13 in, 85 cm x 44 cm x 33 cm
- Capacity: 3,600 cu in, 59 liters (X-small), 3,783 cu in, 62 liters (small), 3,967 cu in, 65 liters (medium) 4,150 cu in, 68 liters (large)
- Weight: 4 lbs 8 oz, 2.04 kgs (X-small), 4 lbs 11 oz, 2.12 kgs (small), 4 lbs 14 oz, 2.22 kgs (medium), 5 lbs 2 oz, 2.33 kgs (large)
Purchase the Osprey Packs Ariel 65 Backpack for Women from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- August 23 2008
Near perfect pack
This pack is ideal for weekend trips, or longer if you pack light! Fits great, comfortable for long treks. Only gripes: wish it had pockets on the waistbelt.
- September 11 2006
This pack not only fit great--it performed.
Even with a bad back, this pack performed and road on my hips and back without any pain. Loved it and hope the design only improves.
- November 10 2009
Great fit, cheaper price after shopping around.
I have only used this pack a few times but it sure gets the job done. I went into REI and got fitted and this was the pack for me. I shopped around to different sites and found it here for $50 less than anywhere else.
lauren from boston
- July 20 2007
great fit, carries loads well!
after 10 years with an old REI pack whose retirement time, i spent about 9 months reading reviews and trying on different packs, even hauling my personal gear around to various boston shops to be sure the pack would hold *exactly* what i wanted to carry... this pack carries a load evenly and comfortably whether you've just picked up your food drop or you're only out for a day trip -- load distribution is a huge deal for me and this pack performs well, largely helped by the compression straps when carrying smaller loads... i haven't had a chance to try it with a full winter load and skis yet, but i have high hopes it will hold up well... my only beefs are the lack of internal pocket within the 'brain' of the bag and a small zipper pocket on the waistbelt for a map would be nice as well... so would gear loops on the waist belt... you won't find one pack to do *everything* but this one comes as close as i've found.