Outdoor Research Alpine Bivy
The Outdoor Research Alpine Bivy has everything necessary for long nights above tree line. The GORE-TEX Respiration Positive fabric offers complete protection from rain and snow storms without collecting interior condensation. The overlapped zipper opening allows you to breathe freely without letting weather in. A single pole can be used to create overhead space, or it can be left at the trailhead.
- Waterproof/breathable 3-layer GORE-TEX® Respiration Positive™ fabric
- Durable Hydroseal® coated waterproof nylon floor
- Fully taped seams
- Single overhead shock-corded Delrin pole
- No-see-um netting at opening
- End-opening zipper with wide storm flap
- Sleeping pad straps (US patent #5,941,264)
- Sized to fit thicker mats like the Exped DownMat™ 7 Pump
- Five stake loops, one guy line loop
- High-volume foot section
- Small internal mesh pocket
- Avg. weight w/o pole: 30.7 oz./870 g
Purchase the Outdoor Research Alpine Bivy from Altrec.com. All order totals over $45 qualify for free ground shipping.
- July 13 2006
Worked Great on Mt Rainier
At Camp Schurman, you gotta get to bed early. My bivy sack let me close it up so that I could get some darkness and close out the other folks around camp.(It gets crowded). Heck of a lot lighter than a tent, I'm gonna be taking this on loads of trips.
- February 25 2011
I have been using this bivy tent for over two years now and I really like it! The waterproof capability of this tent is excellent! Before using, I put this tent on my lawn and turned on the sprinklers for 20 minutes and there was no single drop of water get in! It is also very easy to set up, maybe to easy for its own good: I sometime have to fight with the stand to make the tent not to collapse. I love the light weight and size of the tent. It can easily pack into my backpack without taking too much space. However, one downside is you have to be a bivy lover to use this tent! A lot of people can't get used to its limited space and wrongfully blame this tent. This is not fair. Remember this is a bivy tent. If you don't like the concept of bivy tent, don't buy it!